Frustrated searching for cheap cruiser for the Stort

hertsmas

Featured Posts

Lo all. I'll try to avoid 1000 words :)

I've had one boat years ago on the tidal River Arun. It was only a 17ft daycruiser but I have always wanted another 'cruiser'

Since. I'm looking for a 22 to 28ft cruiser cheapish but with a sound hull and have narrowed down my mooring choices on the stort. I live nearby ish and commute from the local train stations. I'm looking to stay on the boat maybe 3 nights a week mid week.

Now for my frustration. I'm mainly finding cruisers on either flea bay or Apollo duck but sellers don't reply to e mails , eBay messages or even texts and I'm a genuine chap ! Its getting really annoying tbh.

Anyway special lo to anyone on the stort.

Regards.

Mas

Aha! Born next to the Stort! Harlow, near Parndon Mill. If you need any info about the area, I may still have some valid tips/ideas.

We've just bought our first narrowboat and have in mind to head to the Stort/Bishops Stortford within the next year.

I wonder if Ryanair air hostesses/stewards live all crammed together in narrowboats in Bishops Stortford? I mean, handy for Stansted!

I live very near to stortford myself so am very o fey with the area , any tips re the navigation / boats / etc very welcome though as that I know zilch about really. I'm often found on weekends having lunch at the weatherspoons by the waterside :). Cheers. Mas