How to make a rain hat.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Hello,

To make a Cloakhat its best if you read the instructions in the other (How to make a sun hat) Topic. This will save me the dreadful fag of repeating it all over again, but I will gladly do so if demand becomes overwhelming. So lets get on with the job.

To make a rain or Cloakhat we use the stiffer hat of the two, the one with the circular wire reinforcement. The next step is to really go to town with further weatherproofing because you never know what the elements might throw at you these days, you may suddenly whilst out for an evening stroll or steering your boat along be bombarded by multiple thunderbolts, hailstones as big as footballs, or even have to undergo a red hot meteor shower or even fierce meteorite bombardments from out of the heavens. So to keep you all snug and safe I suggest the following.

Place your stiff sun hat on the table. Then nip out to the builders yard and buy a small bag of cement and bag of shingles, be careful of the latter as I believe they're contageous.

Now get to work by mixing up a runny cement mix and screed your sun hat all over externally with it. Whilst the cement is nice and soft and by using your stoves little coal shovel filled with a load of shingles begin with smart flourishes of the hand to splatter your hat heavily to pebble dash it. If you've flung the pebbles on with all your might they should stay put, stuck and well embedded. Put it aside to dry. Your sun hat is now capable of enduring the very worst of what nature can throw at it.

We must now carry out the final part of the operation. To adapt the Sunhat into the all weather (Cloakhat).

From a caravan shop buy a length of small section neat and flexible curtain track, a handful of Swish curtain hooks and hangers and from a bath shop of warehouse a good quality shower curtain.

Make a circle of curtain track and stick it under your hats rims outer periphery. To this track slide on the Swish curtain slides and to the shower curtain the curly shaped Swish hooks

Now for the dress rehearsal. In front of a mirror don your Rain hat, give a twirl and admire. Now comes the full conversion. Hook up and onto the hat rim track the shower curtain and with a sweeping flourish draw it snugly around yourself and admire, Voila! The Cloakhat.

So that you can see where your going with the hatcloak completely enveloping you two eye holes ''in the right place'' need to be made. This is best performed with a red hot poker and by poking it through and wiggling it about to make them eye shaped it will also scorch the holes surrounds with a reinforced brown border.

So out into the very worst of weathers you can now safely troop, in the knowledge that your wonderful Cloakhat will protect you. smile.png Cheerybye.

I really do not understand why Bizzard inisists on publicly sharing his original, patentable, potentially profitable designs and ideas.

He needs a Patent Agent, cheap at £10,000. e.g. All that concrete would make his hat also resistant to radiation from atomic bombs, mobile telephones, overhead power lines etc, etc.

What we really need is protection from Bizzard's arch enemy; "ect". The 'Ghost Busters' solution, large vacuum machines, for ectopsam is pure fiction. Then again maybe Bizzard really meant etc, etcetera rather than yukky, diabolical Ect.

Not that I wish to criticise the GREAT BIZZARD..oh hail to his mightiness but may I be so bold as to post a tiny insignificant observation.

Being a frail and weak woman with the stamina of a jellyfish does his mightiness have an alternative to cement to offer for construction of said head attire as I feel the weight of such construction might prove to great a burden for one such as I.

Not that I wish to criticise the GREAT BIZZARD..oh hail to his mightiness but may I be so bold as to post a tiny insignificant observation.

Being a frail and weak woman with the stamina of a jellyfish does his mightiness have an alternative to cement to offer for construction of said head attire as I feel the weight of such construction might prove to great a burden for one such as I.

The steel crown of the CloakRainhat can be exchanged for a circular disc of Titanium or Kevlar the bullet proof stuff. which will make it much lighter to wear and still retain its resilience to hard objects bombarding it. Hope this helps with your problem. closedeyes.gif

So,

What if it Showery, Sunny intervals !. For going to the Beach through an area that currently having an urban Riots.

Is there maybe a purpose made Accessorie that one could purchase to carry a supply of Hat Options like a - Trolly Of Sensible Hats- (Have to think of a name for it though,Hmm).

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

The steel crown of the CloakRainhat can be exchanged for a circular disc of Titanium or Kevlar the bullet proof stuff. which will make it much lighter to wear and still retain its resilience to hard objects bombarding it. Hope this helps with your problem. closedeyes.gif

Not sure what Titanium or Keviar is exactly but sounds trendy....ok know the smart arses out there will say Google but I prefer to visualise using my imagination what these delicate metals could resemble....thankeee great bizzard you are a wealth of knowledge.