Views on the heritage compact

frygood

Featured Posts

Hi all

We are new to Canal World,and are currently at the planning stage of having a narrowbeam built.We would be very interested in comments from people who have experiance of the Heritage Compact cooker/heater.If possible some photos of your insatlations would be usefull too.

Many Thanks Carl and Samantha

We've got one and love it -- we were worried we would fry in summer, but it is heat-controllable, so it's fine. And in spring/autumn/winter gives a lovely residual heat on the boat. 2 independent burners - one for heating, one for cooking. Very reliable - we wouldn't be without it. And the team at Heritage are great. Welcome to pm me if you want any more info. No links with company, just very happy. I'd post a picture if I knew how!

We fitted both uno's and Duette's to new builds when I was working for a boat fitter.

If space allowed I would go for the Duette every time...the uno is a bit of a compromise having just a single burner to both cook and do the heating. The chap we fitted the Uno for had an portable electric induction hob for cooking due to the hot plate nor really getting hot enough to boil a kettle or do a fry up....you also had to have a radiator on permanently as a heat dump when the cooker part is on.

The people we fitted Duette for seem very happy with them...we did make some mods to the way the timers and stats are connected to make them more user friendly...all with the blessing of heritage I might add...who were talking of making our mod standard.

Cheers

Gareth

Edited to make the model names right!....I blame old age!

Edited by frangar

Posts 3 and 4 appear to contradict each other regarding the specification; perhaps this has changed?

I can't imagine any manufacturer turning out a cooker whose hob isn't hot enough to boil water or to heat a frying pan - the clue's in the name "cooker", that's what it's supposed to do!

Posts 3 and 4 appear to contradict each other regarding the specification; perhaps this has changed?I can't imagine any manufacturer turning out a cooker whose hob isn't hot enough to boil water or to heat a frying pan - the clue's in the name "cooker", that's what it's supposed to do!

There are a few models of compact.....and they appear to have changed the names!....the Uno has one burner....and the Duette has two...one for cooking and one for heating.

I can only report back on what our customers said....both types were installed on customer request so I don't have an axe to grind either way!

Cheers

Gareth

There are a few models of compact.....and they appear to have changed the names!....the Uno has one burner....and the Duette has two...one for cooking and one for heating.

I can only report back on what our customers said....both types were installed on customer request so I don't have an axe to grind either way!

Cheers

Gareth

Gareth, that clarifies matters - I (and I suspect other readers) assumed that the Uno and Duette names referred to the overall size of the cooker, i.e. single or double width, rather than the number of burners.

Gareth, that clarifies matters - I (and I suspect other readers) assumed that the Uno and Duette names referred to the overall size of the cooker, i.e. single or double width, rather than the number of burners.

It does as well.....confusing innt!

The uno is half the size of the Duette....but they now do one which is the size of the Duette but with just one burner...but called a Duo.....although I don't think that one can heat water tho.....

The website might explain in better than me!

Cheers

Gareth

We've got one and love it -- we were worried we would fry in summer, but it is heat-controllable, so it's fine. And in spring/autumn/winter gives a lovely residual heat on the boat. 2 independent burners - one for heating, one for cooking. Very reliable - we wouldn't be without it. And the team at Heritage are great. Welcome to pm me if you want any more info. No links with company, just very happy. I'd post a picture if I knew how!

thank you for your comments.You are first people i have had contact with who actually have a compact stove.your comments were very positive and encorageing.i would love to pm you but dont know how sorry.Do you know anybody else who have one?

once again thanks for taking the trouble to respond to my post .

thank you to all the people who took the trouble to respond to our post

We have a Heritage Uno installed on our NB, it's brilliant, heats the water and central heating. You do need one radiator as a heat dump but this has never been a problem, we use the towel rail in bathroom. The hot plate certainly does get hot enough to boil a kettle and cook stir fries, boil water in pans etc! In the winter it keeps the boat lovely and warm, in the summer it can be heated up to roasting temps within 20 mins and then switched off when done. I have no idea how to add a picture otherwise I would!

We have a Heritage Uno installed on our NB, it's brilliant, heats the water and central heating. You do need one radiator as a heat dump but this has never been a problem, we use the towel rail in bathroom. The hot plate certainly does get hot enough to boil a kettle and cook stir fries, boil water in pans etc! In the winter it keeps the boat lovely and warm, in the summer it can be heated up to roasting temps within 20 mins and then switched off when done. I have no idea how to add a picture otherwise I would!