The Pride? Of Sherwood - A Rant!

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

The OP was quite correct to spotlight unprofessional behaviour by a CART employee. Mr. Boater has apologised if he's upset anyone (post 85). So do we need to keep going round in circles?

I hope that by now CART have heard about their employee's reprehensible attitude and have "counselled" him, which is modern English for "given him a verbal kick up the jaxi".

I hope that by now CART have heard about their employee's reprehensible attitude and have "counselled" him, which is modern English for "given him a verbal kick up the jaxi".

And lets also hope that his kick up the jaxi does not mean that he will hold that against all boaters in the future - be carefull what you wish for

And lets also hope that his kick up the jaxi does not mean that he will hold that against all boaters in the future - be carefull what you wish for

That would be an odd reaction - a more normal reaction would be a determination to do better and not to make such mistakes again.

Just wondering if the said operatives blood sugar levels may have been low due to him having missed his lunch in his efforts to keep the waterway open thus causing him momentarily to lose concentration and behave in a less than professional manner.

Very amusing (sorry, my "emoticons seem to be out of service at the moment). If he had not eaten all day it was probably because he hadn't bothered to bring sandwiches for lunch with him, so it's his own fault. Here again, perhaps he will learn that the small effort expended in making a packed lunch in the morning brings a large improvement to the quality of his working day. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I suspect they have not been online since but I hope they will do so soon. I am sorry to bump this thread up yet again but Northernboater - you really do not have a clue about me and your attempts to make me out as some kind of CRT hating monster are so wide of the mark they would be laughable if it were not so potentially damaging to CRT themselves.

I think the damage was done when you arrived at the situation and realised you were going to be late and started running around with your camera, then proceeded to start this epic rant even loading on photo's of the incident and photo's of a CaRT employee, even though you say it was not the chap in question, so telling the world of your experience.

I have nothing against you so please don't take anything personal, but the CaRT guys on the ground are up against it most of the time and I don't think posting photo's of incidents like this and ranting about them helps their cause.

Edited by Northernboater

looking at the last topic the OP made http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67000#entry1321847

It may be a case of every time she see's a problem or involved in one that CaRT is also involved she is going to be putting the knife in. I bet they are a nightmare once their out cruising on their annual jolly if anything goes wrong.

Going back a way, I find your judgemental use of language to be offensive - like 'putting the knife in' (your opinion) and 'I bet they are a nightmare' (your opinion)

Perhaps you would like to consider how you react to the things you find on the internet

Richard

Ok, bad turn of phrase there, my apologies. I would ask please don't name specific gangs, regions, etc and easily (to their managers) identifiable individuals therein.

Regards,

Lockie.

However I would wager you would be quite happy for specifics to be posted if we have good feedback to give - which people often do on here.

Isn't that a bit unbalanced?

Going back a way, I find your judgemental use of language to be offensive - like 'putting the knife in' (your opinion) and 'I bet they are a nightmare' (your opinion)

Perhaps you would like to consider how you react to the things you find on the internet

Richard

Opinion's are we allowed to have them?, obviously not according to you, that was my opinion on reading her last two threads and her recent experiences with CaRT staff.

Opinion's are we allowed to have them?, obviously not according to you, that was my opinion on reading her last two threads and her recent experiences with CaRT staff.

The problem is your opinions are misplaced.

You are basing your 'opinion' on how C~R views CRT on the basis of one thread alone and you misrepresented another as a complaint about CRT when it was nothing of the sort.

Opinions about canals, boats, equipment, toilets, how to moor, BMC engines - yes! It would be a poor discussion forum without them

Opinions on other posters based on little evidence - that stinks in my opinion

Richard

The problem is your opinions are misplaced.

You are basing your 'opinion' on how C~R views CRT on the basis of one thread alone and you misrepresented another as a complaint about CRT when it was nothing of the sort.

That's your opinion no matter what I write you will be adding posts as that is what you do in every Thread.

The Op wants the Thread removed so hopefully it will be as it has already done the damage with CaRT, I should imagine it has been flagged up the chain to the relevant managers, as we all know these threads are monitored by them.

That's your opinion no matter what I write you will be adding posts as that is what you do in every Thread.

The Op wants the Thread removed so hopefully it will be as it has already done the damage with CaRT, I should imagine it has been flagged up the chain to the relevant managers, as we all know these threads are monitored by them.

This 'done the damage to CRT' bit is interesting. Who 'did the damage', C~R or the employee on the boat mouthing off to a member of the public?

Richard

When you post something that warrants a response I will respond, If you post something I feel is not worth a response I wont.

- that is how a discussion forum works.

Edited by The Dog House

When you post something that warrants a response I will respond - that is how a discussion forum works.

smiley_offtopic.gif were you around years back when the 'how many posts someone should make in a thread' discussion was raging? I think I advocated three icecream.gif

Richard

Opinions about canals, boats, equipment, toilets, how to moor, BMC engines - yes! It would be a poor discussion forum without them

Opinions on other posters based on little evidence - that stinks in my opinion

Richard

No matter what I write, You and Dog House will be replying to it so I won't bother.

I think the damage was done when you arrived at the situation and realised you were going to be late and started running around with your camera, then proceeded to start this epic rant even loading on photo's of the incident and photo's of a CaRT employee, even though you say it was not the chap in question, so telling the world of your experience.

I have nothing against you so please don't take anything personal, but the CaRT guys on the ground are up against it most of the time and I don't think posting photo's of incidents like this and ranting about them helps their cause.

1, we were not "late" for anything. I have already explained we had plenty of time in our schedule.

2, I did not "run around" with my camera. I enjoy taking photographs and usually have my camera to hand at any time when out on the cut. My photos were not "evidence" but illustration of just how big the vessel is and how awkward the job of moving it without an engine would be. If I had posted a photo of a CRT employee standing with his arms folded (which I did not take) that would have been wrong.

3, your opinion is that posting photos and ranting helps there cause. My opinion is that people who are unable to allow sleeping dogs to lie and let this thread go to sleep are not helping their cause.

I have had a reply from the moderators and they are unwilling to remove the thread. So each and every time someone posts a reply it will be be brought back to the top again causing more anguish for those hard pressed guys on the ground.

I would like to think that the chap in question has had the dressing down he deserved. I would also like to think that by highlightiing his error other people will think twice before damaging the reputation of their emploers by spouting the wrong things to their customers.

While I have been typing it tells me there are 6 new replies. Please guys - leave to rest any of your personal grievances with each other and let this thread go to bed.

In the big scheme of things life is short - lets move one and let these guys get on with the job they do best - looking after our waterways - and CRT do a grand job of it!

• Greenie 1

No matter what I write, You and Dog House will be replying to it so I won't bother.

But you just did....

Sorry C~R, just seen your last para.

Edited by The Dog House