Time lapse camera through the Hanwell Flight

Dovetail

Featured Posts

I moved up through the Hanwell flight last week and then onto Yeading using my time lapse camera to record the journey and I am more than happy with the results. Just thought I would share. Providing I can get the videos to load/link. They are great little cameras and easy to use. The one I have is a brinno TLC200.

Cool vids. I used too hate going up the Hanwell flight because i knew it led to even worse crap. Sometimes there was so much rubbish in the water. Plus, flights off locks aren't much fun if you're on your own on a widebeam.

Turning to go under Bulls Bridge was never a problem, but it helps to have someone on the bow to see if there's something coming the other way otherwise you're doing it blind.

Edited by blackrose

In practice in a narrowboat turning at bulls bridge with another boat coming the other way both boats should be able to pass but if would require a bit of skill to do it and a bit of luck to. Similar to passing at bridges but I don't think I want to try either. I like this little camera and will log most of my movements with it and in time may prove to be a nice diary and in time may move further than what I do already.

In practice in a narrowboat turning at bulls bridge with another boat coming the other way both boats should be able to pass but if would require a bit of skill to do it and a bit of luck to. Similar to passing at bridges but I don't think I want to try either.

In theory that might work but not in practice. A lot of bridges need to be navigated towards the centre of the bridge hole otherwise one risks hitting the corner of the roof/cabin side of the boat on the bridge arch. Trying to squeeze 2 narrowboats through in opposite directions on many bridges including Bulls Bridge would be asking for trouble.

Edited by blackrose