Yet another new marina........

Tinally

Featured Posts

Here we go again! Yet ANOTHER new marina is planned for the Witham, and I'm not holding my breath. Planning permission was given recently for a new marina at Boston ( and some time previously at Cherry Willingham, just downstream of Lincoln ) These would supply hundreds of new berths plus developments of new housing/hotels/lodges etc. Now we hear that yet another one is planned - this time at Woodhall Spa, halfway between Lincoln and Boston. Again another 300 berths and again more housing development. Now I'm not against any of them - more mooring choice for me - but I really cannot see it happening.How do they hope to fill 300 berths in this area? There is just not the demand. Have C&RT been selling dreams to the local landowners again?

The Boston proposal makes me laugh. Why would narrowboats want to moor at Boston? They have left very little provision for cruisers which (virtually non for larger sea going vessels) which would likely be their main customerfrusty.gif

I personally cant see the Woodhall Spa proposal happening any time soon. The cost of the connecting canal alone will be in the many millions.

Woodhall Spa is such a weird place. Like a tiny slightly naff old seaside resort but not by the sea. A bit like Matlock Bath only not as good. A marina would add an interesting watery element.

Anyone know how are the plans going to link Boston to the Ouse?