Upgrade

Jon

Featured Posts

Hi guys,

I have just upgrade the forum system to the latest available versions. The fixes are mainly on the administrative side, but you may notice a few minor differences.

If you do experience any errors then please post here and I will look into it.

I am aware of a problem with the gallery, where by when an image is viewed which was posted before the upgade, the error message

IPB WARNING [2] filesize(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 10170/10001 is not allowed to access ./uploads/1102445336/gallery_69_1_1105984455.jpg owned by uid/gid 2527/2527 (Line: 261 of /modules/gallery/lib/gallery_library.php)

appears at the top of the screen. However, you can still view the image, so its a bit of a non-event. I'm working on a way to get rid of it at the moment.

Many thanks.

Jon

Hi guys,

I have just upgrade the forum system to the latest available versions. The fixes are mainly on the administrative side, but you may notice a few minor differences.

If you do experience any errors then please post here and I will look into it.

I am aware of a problem with the gallery, where by when an image is viewed which was posted before the upgade, the error message

IPB WARNING [2] filesize(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 10170/10001 is not allowed to access ./uploads/1102445336/gallery_69_1_1105984455.jpg owned by uid/gid 2527/2527 (Line: 261 of /modules/gallery/lib/gallery_library.php)

appears at the top of the screen. However, you can still view the image, so its a bit of a non-event. I'm working on a way to get rid of it at the moment.

Many thanks.

Jon

Jon, looks like a Unix permission problem. Has the forum Unix user changed after the update was run?

Hmmm, not very fair that they won't sort things out for you!

Nothing like a good Unix permission problem! Having just changed my hosting from Windows NT to Unix, its a whole new ball game. Made the mistake of switching on Frontpage extensions (as I quite like the way it works - nto its code), whoops, spent the best part of a night cleaning up my tracks!

However the whole system on Unix is much, much quicker - not to mention more secure. But I digress.

Good luck with solving the problem, what do Invision say?

Jools

<_<