House insurance

NBDensie

Featured Posts

As someone who cruises for periods of up to 3 months a year I am very concerned that conditions for house insurance on unoccupied houses are getting more and more onerous. The Halifax latest Ts&Cs require unoccupied houses to be internally inspected at least once every 14 days! I for one would be very wary of asking a neighbour to do this because it seems unreasonable to ask anyone to take on such a potentially vital responsibility.

Does anyone know of a more reasonable insurer? Or do people just ignore these conditions and hope for the best?

As someone who cruises for periods of up to 3 months a year I am very concerned that conditions for house insurance on unoccupied houses are getting more and more onerous. The Halifax latest Ts&Cs require unoccupied houses to be internally inspected at least once every 14 days! I for one would be very wary of asking a neighbour to do this because it seems unreasonable to ask anyone to take on such a potentially vital responsibility.

Does anyone know of a more reasonable insurer? Or do people just ignore these conditions and hope for the best?

Ours requires weekly and even then some important cover is excluded

Change your insurer. Although I have neighbours who look in every few days it is not a requirement of the insurance co. I have to spend at least one night in the house every 60 days.

Change your insurer. Although I have neighbours who look in every few days it is not a requirement of the insurance co. I have to spend at least one night in the house every 60 days.

Sounds great. Who's your insurance with please?

• 1 year later...