Calder & Hebble

Skye

Featured Posts

"If tha won'ts un'and gis a shart!"

The Calder & Hebble navigation is one of the most unused parts of the waterways, but one of the most different in the system. Yes it has beautiful views of the country, historical sites from history and the industrial revolution when you get towards the towns.

But unlike any other site in the country (as far as I know) you will need a "spike" to get through the locks.

I'd like to tell you about its history but I think the bloke that invented it was so embarrassed by his better half's response to the device he never mentioned it again, so I don't know what name to curse when I'm operating these locks, but I do appreciate them

Seriously don't let on how nice our waterways are but if you "want a hand, give me a shout"

david_marshall@btopenworld.com

cheers

Dave

I can confirm that this info comes from a top boat handler and first rate lock wheeler!

Thank you Captain, it was a pleasure serving with you,

I forgot to add to my pitch that I can also handle winds that most ditch crawlers will shy away from! it was fun, hard work but fun. Made the pint of beer at the end of it taste so much sweeter, we earned it mate.

All the best

Dave