1st Night - a night to remember

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Fish-Farts

Reminds me of a comment made by noted American acoustic guitarist Leo Kottke, when asked why he did not sing.

"My voice sounds like geese farts on a muggy day".

Sorry Mrs. Boo, we're lowering the tone of your thread a little. At least Alan has his particule nobiliere to lend a touch of class.

The sound of said swans and their duck comrades trying to eat your waterline - or rather the weed which grows along it.

The unexplained nocturnal "globalobalob" of your water pump.

The startlingly loud metallic rolling sound which reminds you that you left the old food tin which covers the stove chimney on the roof when you meant to bring it inside.

Athy, You have no idea how happy your middle sentence has made us; we were worried something was wrong with the water pump. Quite randomly it will make your well described "globalobalob" sound for about 3 seconds each day/evening without either of us using any water at all. So this is a fairly normal thing then?

We haven't been in the water long enough to have weeds growing on our water line yet, but will try to remember your warning when we do.

And yes, I currently find myself sending Dave out with the garbage with instructions to keep an eye out for a large tin or empty paint can that we can use for a temporary chimney cap when the stove isn't on, as we've managed to loose the bran new one already. The new one lasted all of 2 days before the wind decided it would look better somewhere else :)

We "should" be ok as far as drips in the engine bay as it's a trad stern, but will keep our ears pealed

Can't wait for the fish farts this spring clapping.gif

Mrs. Athy, Who Knows All (apparently), reckons that a slight leak or drip from a tap will cause the globalobalob from time to time. I don't know, I just let the pump get on with it, and Trojan has not sunk yet.

Mrs. Athy, Who Knows All (apparently), reckons that a slight leak or drip from a tap will cause the globalobalob from time to time. I don't know, I just let the pump get on with it, and Trojan has not sunk yet.

I put it down to - as the hot water cools in the calorifier the pressure changes resulting in the pump kicking in for a couple of seconds to 'even things up'