Webasto and flashing lights

deckhand

Featured Posts

I assume this is an AT blown air heater in which case it is a strip out job, also it is very important to set up the burn rate properly if you do have to replace it, for that you will need a flue gas anyliser.

Thanks again, yep it's an A T 5000D, very helpful information, i will have to get some prices for what you suggest, & I might as well get it professionally serviced as well. For the first time !. Thanks.

It's been great for 6 yrs, never let me down.

By way of an update and thank you for all your help on this ;)) I repeatedly asked the boat builder to advise as to whether the Webasto was fitted directly to the batteries or through the control panel. I didn't get an answer from him however, he did send along an electrician today.

It transpires that our battery isolation switch was switched off resulting in us running only off the starter battery. As we are on shoreline, we would not have noticed this as the power was keeping the starter battery charged up. The draw of the Webasto, the 12v lights, fridge was just a little too much which is why all the 12v lights were flickering. It certainly would have made an issue if we had been out on the water ending up in a flat battery. We do not have any idea why the switch was off but we have had that many different workers on the boat over the last 4 months that it could have been any of them for any reason. It may even be that it was in that position since we picked up the boat, who knows. Thank goodness nothing more serious.

Thanks again, yep it's an A T 5000D, very helpful information, i will have to get some prices for what you suggest, & I might as well get it professionally serviced as well. For the first time !. Thanks.

It's been great for 6 yrs, never let me down.

Six years without a proper service is not bad going, probably worth getting it replaced by your local Webo agent as they will set the burn rate after changing it.