Bayliner 285

Newtocanals1

Featured Posts

Yes each out for grey imports as they don't meet a lot of the uk safety requirements.

Plus you will need a transformer installing as it will be set up for US voltage.

By the time you have done modifying it you will have spnt as much as buying one here!

I suggest you browse a few boat yards and compare lots of boats. You will see the difference in them immediately.

As for hot water. Well it will get hot eventually but if just idling expect it to be a long while! You would also have to be very thorough with your winterising if you have no shore power or you will end up with cracked engine blocks, coolers or exhaust manifolds.

You will need to meet CE plate standards and get it signed off by a firm saying it does cost me £1000 for Ce firm to certificate and £500 worth of gear to get it to meet CE approval plus a weekend of effort .

In a nutshell its install Transformer as said put non return valves on all outlets sink/shower bilge pump etc make sure the foam in engine bay is the right spec make sure fire extinguisher in engine bay is big enough and change shore power plug from memory .

The CE plate guy I used got me to send piccys of work once it was done after he came out to inspect and tell me what was needed ,getting the non returns on the pipes was a nightmare but can be done you just need to take your time when pulling interior apart and find the screws rather than rench out the steps etc .

The brokers tried to push a firm called CE proof who wanted £2500 to sign off the work rip off f&*(%$£s .

In short if you are practically minded prepared to do the stuff yourself and question your sanity half way through it can be done for the sort of money I did it for .

Don`t forget any import duty and make sure you get proof of VAT paid but it can be done and save you a lot of money if prepared to source the boat yourself etc esp if you look to buy it from the states winter time ....global trade partners are a firm that can help you do this if so inclined but at far less a saving than doing it yourself .

Steve

To be honest, it doesn't look the most practical or suitable boat for use on the canals.

For a proper canal I agree