Chris Daniels R.I.P

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

It is with great regret I have to announce the death today of Chris Daniels.

Well known as the former energetic news editor for Waterways World, Chris has helped many of the "causes" which have needed reporting on over the years. His tenacious manner and brilliant copy writing have helped bring to the fore the most delicate of waterways causes.

Chris gave much help some years ago when the Lichfield canal needed a lot of money raised to cross the M6 toll, helping keep publicity well phrased and always there to help.

I shall miss him both as a friend and a good sounding board for many a project, details of arrangements will be posted asap,

Yours,

Laurence Hogg

It's with extreme sadness that I hear of passing of Chris Daniels.

Throughout my teenage years, Chris was a great help with sourcing information and helped me with all manner of editing that I was doing at that time.

He was a valued member of the Narrow Boat Trust and Commercial Narrow Boat Operators Association in which we worked closely together. His articles and news feed in Waterways World were excellent.

It is with regret; in recent years, after moving to Norbury, that I lost regular communication with him, but we would still meet at intervals at rallies such as those hosted by Tim Coghlan at Braunston. We would sit and chat about news old and new and discuss the many photographs that he would capture of old boats and interesting structures around the system on his trusty camera that was always by his side.

Not to mention the memorable trip that we had up the Oxford cut with a pair of boats in the late 90s!

My thoughts go out to Carole and his family.

RIP Chris.

Regards, David

Edited by Hyperion 53