Boat moving

Andy Baptiste

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

I need my boat moving from Kildwick to Snaygill boat yard for its bottom blacking.

Anyone fancy taking it there for me, and how much would you want to make it worth your while?

It's a 30ft steel deisel widebeam.

I need it moving asap but non of the professional boat movers I have contacted have got back to me.

help.gif

Hi...sorry I had no idea it was quite as close as that. I will try your suggestions. Many thanks!

Not sure what the member meant by Oh. No, not another one, we have had the boat hire now the boat moving! but apologies if my need for my boat moving irritates you in some way.

Hi...sorry I had no idea it was quite as close as that. I will try your suggestions. Many thanks!

Not sure what the member meant by Oh. No, not another one, we have had the boat hire now the boat moving! but apologies if my need for my boat moving irritates you in some way.

Hi ya,& welcome to the forum.

I wouldnt let comments like worry you, it takes all sorts,

I hope you get it sorted. Good luck.

To do with the need for insurance I think. Quite often, bods pop up on here asking about hiring their boats out privately, and are shocked to be told that they need to pay very high commercial insurance rates. Sometimes would-be boat movers join the forum and, when they are asked about the insurance cover which they have, they mumble, splutter and exit stage right.

To do with the need for insurance I think. Quite often, bods pop up on here asking about hiring their boats out privately, and are shocked to be told that they need to pay very high commercial insurance rates. Sometimes would-be boat movers join the forum and, when they are asked about the insurance cover which they have, they mumble, splutter and exit stage right.

Putting aside the post in question, insurance is an issue for the OP to consider if he is entering into an arrangement with somebody to move his boat.

I think Jim will be referring to the "renting your boat out" thread and the legal aspects, licence, BSC etc... If you reward someone then it could be construed that you fall into a new category of licence. Moving you boat should be done by someone that is licensed to do it and had the appropriate insurance etc.

Its only an hours run, you could do that in your lunch (almost)

It would be nice if people would stop putting one liners on here though and explain what they are trying to say

Edit: Should have typed quicker Athy and DH beat me to it

Edited by Pete & Helen

It would be nice if people would stop putting one liners on here though and explain what they are trying to say

Rather off topic, but an opportunity to mention this: it would be pleasanter still if people did not start new topics with interesting titles and, rather than bothering to write something themselves, just provided a link to another web site. Surely if it interests you enough to open the new thread, it interests you enough that you could write something about it yourself?

Edited by Athy

No problem and thanks for the replies!

I genuinely thought Snaygill was half a day or so I should be able to get sorted now one way or the other.

It will take somebody on their own a bit longer than if they had crew because of the swing bridges, last time we did that exact journey it took us about an hour and 15 minutes (that was with crew) which ties in with Titus' estimation.

(Interestingly canal planner way over states it as needing 2 hours!)

Andy, you're not irratating me I was expecting the forum to start ripping you to pieces.

• Greenie 1