Viewing C&RT works

Hawkmoth

Featured Posts

I was very disappointed this morning. I read in "Boater's Update" that there was maintenance being carried out at Lock 6 on the L&L and that people could go along and see it.

Camera in hand I walked up from our mooring in Clarence Dock. Only to find that it is well barricaded off (which I suppose we should expect), but there is no plan to allow the public access at all. I asked.

Now, I do understand that safety is important. But why did C&RT say to go along and have a look, there's nothing to see?

Bob

I was very disappointed this morning. I read in "Boater's Update" that there was maintenance being carried out at Lock 6 on the L&L and that people could go along and see it.

Camera in hand I walked up from our mooring in Clarence Dock. Only to find that it is well barricaded off (which I suppose we should expect), but there is no plan to allow the public access at all. I asked.

Now, I do understand that safety is important. But why did C&RT say to go along and have a look, there's nothing to see?

Bob

The actual 'open day' is usually on a specific date when they have people there to lead the groups. Usually at a weekend as they can't take you into the lock if they are actively working on it.

At Beeston, we were taken down into the Iron Lock as work had finished there. At Stone Lock we were taken inside the compound, but could only go as far as the temporary footbridge over the top end of the lock (and only after putting on a hard hat) as they were still working in the lock itself..