Quick way to flush diesel jerry can?

Captain Zim

Featured Posts

Is there? Its been sitting empty a few months but otherwise new and clean (had red in it before that). I havent got much time to do it. Thought a drop of petrol swirled about?

The army type 20 litre Jerry cans do seem to be painted internally with some kind of rust inhibitor, red oxide probably and this I've noticed can with a very old jerry can start to flake off, so on flushing it watch out for any paint flakes.

You dont say where you are located, but if you are anywhere near Middlewich , there is a lorry tank wash just along (Eastwards) from Bridge 169. They may be able to help ?

Middlewich Tank Wash Ltd

32 Brooks Lane, Middlewich, Cheshire, CW10 0JG

• Tel: 01606 832409

They dont appear to have a web site, might be worth a call though.

Edited by Alf27

Paddington at the moment. Leaving for Hertford tomorrow and could do with a bit of spare diesel. Bad planning. I was really just thinking if there was a quick way. Naughty Cal - moisture yes but I wasn't thinking of water, more other petrochemicals that might disinfect. Nevermind, not the end of the world.

Edited by Captain Zim