HELP PLEASE: BOAT STOLEN

Cragdale

Featured Posts

I'm thinking it maybe wasn't Cragdale, there was 3 men spotted on the boat just now

CONFIRMATION PLEASE, IS IT OR ISN'T IT????!!!! I AM ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING CHILDISH IN MY KECKS :)

Edited by tomsk

If the boat WAS nicked, which ever one it is, as long as it has been nicked.. GOOD. That boat will be returned to it's owners..

Sad news about it may not be Cragdale, though :)

i think she ment that the boat at whilton wasnt their boat mate.

Sorry I did, I meant it in reply to Ross about the boat at Whilton, it would explain a lot, why the couple were so blase about paying by card etc

It is 100% CRAGDALE as the name is still there, just hidden but my brother has now been on the boat with the police to confirm it definitely is :)

Just thinking out loud, they diddnt get very far lol. foxton on canal planner from brauntston is classed as 2 full cruising days.

:)

Its not far at all, Foxton is where Cragdale was moored originally. Very strange indeed, just hope they get the blokes so we can find out the full story

I think it was bridge 56 at Theddingworth

I'm really pleased you've recovered your boat. :cheers:

Shame, somehow, that no-one on here spotted it, then we could have said things like "Aint the power of the internet great" or "The boating community all got together and recovered a stolen boat" or something

Alas, alls well that.................................

Its good to know that the authorities did their job though, especially as we were all throwing a bit of mud at them for not, and all the time they were :)

Good news, all we need now is another one to recover :)

bloody fantastic, jimmy lastic bloody brilliant news, hope there is no damage, congratulations, hope you feel okay with it knowing that someone else has used it now, as i say when my wife got her car hit even when it was repaired she didnt want it knowing what had happened, now that your boat has been nicked and anyting could have ben done, hope you are okay with it

brilliant news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

aparently it was bw.

i was thinking if they have done a runner, i hope they had to leave what ever possesions they had on the boat, maybe like mobile phone, even wallet?

then it wont be hard to track them down if they get away

bloody fantastic, jimmy lastic bloody brilliant news, hope there is no damage, congratulations, hope you feel okay with it knowing that someone else has used it now, as i say when my wife got her car hit even when it was repaired she didnt want it knowing what had happened, now that your boat has been nicked and anyting could have ben done, hope you are okay with it

brilliant news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Never seen so many people on a forum just look at the list of who's online! When Neildudman said it had been found at Foxton and PC Plod was at the scene, everything went so quiet..for about 15 minutes..was it or was it not?? And then YES!!! Brilliant. Power to the net hope it'll be the last stolen boat of this genre!!

and the great news is it has only taken a week to get back to you, a friends of mines boat, was missing for 2 months, where it was taken from it had been craned out by the thieves posing as new owners as the boat had been up for sale then put on back of lorry then tookhow ever many miles and eventually was found in birmingham was originally from yorkshire

, when it was found , it had been painted in grey primer, with polished brass, vents on roof, front and back denck painted, new curtains etc, looked like a totally different boat, only identified by ultra violet light where the owners name had been written on the engine head and side of sink!!!!!!!!

Never seen so many people on a forum just look at the list of who's online! When Neildudman said it had been found at Foxton and PC Plod was at the scene, everything went so quiet..for about 15 minutes..was it or was it not?? And then YES!!! Brilliant. Power to the net hope it'll be the last stolen boat of this genre!!

We held our breath :)

PS Foxton's the lock with the shock - 2x5 in a staircase - now for those smokin' warrants! Dashing way up the towpath aint gonna achieve much now! Market Harborough's police station is next! It wont be salad days for our narrowboat pirates!

Edited by fender.