Gardner 3LW

allybsc

Featured Posts

Wow, what a nutter!

I've recently seen one for sale for twelve thousand, ours is valued for insurance purposes for around that amount...why doesn't he just finish it and get the extra dosh?? Looks very pretty and shiny all laid out like that tho'

Clearly a case of trying to be to perfect, and then running out of steam.

- I wouldnt be supruised it if hasnt sat untouched for a few years at the back of his garage. as he "keeps meaning to get round to it".

- Then finally hes decided it silly to let it all go to waste, or nolong has use for it, and hence the sale maybe?

However, pritty as it looks, i would question if he would get £6k for it?

Daniel

I can see a lot of time and effort, not to mention cash, has gone into this. I'm overhauling a vintage engine, for my NB project............but the original engine, a gearbox, transport, plus another engine sourced for spares, won't stand me more than £1000. (not including time of course)

I'd have expected to see this standard of work at something like a custom bike show.............rather than a Narrowboat engine room.

I guess it comes down to how deep your pockets are, and how much attention you need to draw to yourself..........

I can see a lot of time and effort, not to mention cash, has gone into this. I'm overhauling a vintage engine, for my NB project............but the original engine, a gearbox, transport, plus another engine sourced for spares, won't stand me more than £1000. (not including time of course)

I'd have expected to see this standard of work at something like a custom bike show.............rather than a Narrowboat engine room.

I guess it comes down to how deep your pockets are, and how much attention you need to draw to yourself..........

Our engine is identical to the one on ebay and as clean...you could eat your dinner off it...but not on saturday...we are doing an oil change :angry:

Before some smart alec gets a little remark in...I thought I should just add...ours has been put back together again!!!!