Exhaust stack roof flange

BD3Bill

Featured Posts

Hi all

The welded-in exhaust stub that brings the pipe through the roof on our Tug is diminishing in height, to the extent that the lift-off stack is ridiculously flopping about and looks like I bashed it on a bridge hole (which I have not! )

Looking for a flange & stub that will bolt on or rivet up.

The exit is to one side of the hatch so some offset for the camber will be needed, but I could grind a cast one to suit.

It's about 1 3/4" diameter at the moment but I could go up to 3"

Any links for me folks please?

Cheers Bill

What about using a pipe slip-on flange? They will accept a certain amount of angular mis-alignment, which could be sufficient to accommodate the roof camber. For this application, you would only need to weld the pipe on the outside of the flange.

A threaded flange would be easier to disassemble, but you might need to use a high pressure rating one to get sufficient thickness of the flange to allow it to be ground to fit the camber. Note that the thread may be tapered the "wrong way", depending on what you are trying to achieve. Could easily be machined out to be parallel, though.

Pictures here:

http://www.fullsupply.co.uk/flanges.php

Chris G

Edited to clarify taper.

Edited by Batavia