crick interweb

matty40s

Featured Posts

Absolutely awful signal at crick,stood on roof to make calls and post on here.

full signal from marina wifi though, anyone know the latest user/password, tried the usual obvious ones.....

Just realised we passed you a couple of hours ago, you were tinkering with something at the back of the boat!

Sorry can't help with the wifi.

You did indeed john, only just seen your boat name. Hope I wasnt concentrating too much.

bet you didnt catch the blue cruiser stern "launch" in front of you, last reported to have a foot high wave in front of him heading past Yelvertoft!!

Lol, Crick internet is rubbish. I'm not talking about the marina though, I wouldnt know about that.

Last week I caught a bus to Crick to go look at a boat (which it turned out wasnt there). Anyway when I'd finished I had just missed the bus back, so I had to wait an hour for the next one. No problem, I propped myself up against the lampost, pulled the headphones out of my pocket & plugged them into my phone, & got ready to listen to some music. Seconds later I had to swat my leg, like you do when a fly lands on you just in case it's a mosquito. A couple of seconds later I had to swat it agin... & then again & again & again until I'm jumpin around like a demented idiot flapping my arms all over the place. I turns out there was a red ants nest exactly at the lampost & they was all coming out running up my leg & biting/stinging (whatever it is they do) like mad.

Eventually things calmed down because I moved away, & turned my attention back to my phone. Now I'm used to getting a pretty poor signal where I live, but it is still good enough usually to watch TV on my phone over the phone networks internet, & so it would expect to be able to listen to music which is far less data. But the signal there was so poor that I could only get 3 seconds of music every 2 minutes. So basically I had a very boring wait for the bus back home, & I never got to see the boat I wanted to see (although I did see 1 which hadnt been listed that really floats my boat... just want a "yes" answer from the bank now)

Edited by Ssscrudddy