Crane to share in Oxford

Moisha

Featured Posts

We will be putting a new boat into the canal some time in early/mid-November in Oxford on the Oxford canal. The rent is £600, but shared it is £350 per person. If anyone is planning to take their boat out (or put it in) in Oxord, contact us at 07769553179 or 07977542210.

Chees,

Moisha

Depends if we're talking "lending the use of the boat yards crane" or "privatly hireing a crane from a area firm" i think.

Also, it would be prefrable to only post each thread once, i understand your keen to find someone, but posting multiple threads doesnt really help. The forums are small enough i think its fairly unlikely people would see one and not the other, and you just end up with fragented replys all over the place.

Daniel

Edited by dhutch

Hello Daniel,

I will obstain from posting in multiple discussions. But what am I getting wrong then--if the price (if we do not coordinate the use of a crane with others) is 600 pounds? Would it be cheaper to hire from an area firm than lend the use of crane from a boat yard?

Anastasia alias Moisha

Depends if we're talking "lending the use of the boat yards crane" or "privatly hireing a crane from a area firm" i think.

Also, it would be prefrable to only post each thread once, i understand your keen to find someone, but posting multiple threads doesnt really help. The forums are small enough i think its fairly unlikely people would see one and not the other, and you just end up with fragented replys all over the place.

Daniel

I've been quoted a figure of approximately £700 for craning-in on the Leeds-Liverpool, which includes the full insurance cover, and apparently authorisation/consent/the informing of British Waterways?? Apparently the craning yard must have available 'method statements' etc. for a boat to be safely launched on the canals.

Perhaps this is just fluff to justify the very high price, but it seems that if you do the job properly with all relevant insurances and documentation in place then it becomes expensive - and I suppose that most people look at other options??

Ben

The price is indeed steep and I will have to chekc with them. We were given 600 quid with no insurance, etc. Are they trying to rip us off? Perhaps there are other ways of delivering a boat. Does anyone know of people who will sail the boat down from Liverpool to Oxford for a couple hundred quid?

Anastasia

I've been quoted a figure of approximately £700 for craning-in on the Leeds-Liverpool, which includes the full insurance cover, and apparently authorisation/consent/the informing of British Waterways?? Apparently the craning yard must have available 'method statements' etc. for a boat to be safely launched on the canals.

Perhaps this is just fluff to justify the very high price, but it seems that if you do the job properly with all relevant insurances and documentation in place then it becomes expensive - and I suppose that most people look at other options??

Ben

The price is indeed steep and I will have to chekc with them. We were given 600 quid with no insurance, etc. Are they trying to rip us off? Perhaps there are other ways of delivering a boat. Does anyone know of people who will sail the boat down from Liverpool to Oxford for a couple hundred quid?

Anastasia

Nigel Carlton a regular forum member does just that, dont know his charges though.

When you talk about insurance cover you had best check what is being insured. Its my understanding the insurance being refered by the crane company is principally for the crane itself in case it is damaged during the lift. Your own boat is covered by your insurance company not the crane company. If you are not sure ask your boat insurer that the boat is covered for the lift

Charles

Anastasia

If it helps give an idea of prices ours was built up in yorkshire and wagoned down to the midlands where it was put in the water. Cost us about 400 for the wagon and the same again for the crane this end, hired firm crane not the boat yards.