Three B'z boat builders

Featured Posts

That's rather smart. The fore end reminds me of older diesel multiple-unit trains. But unless that front window opens, it's a potential death trap.

Yes it reminded me of them too when we saw it.

Class_101_Diesel_Multiple_Unit_-_geograp

Being very new to boating at the time of looking it didn't occur to us that it could be an issue so it never occurred to us to ask if any or all of the front windows could be used as an exit in an emergency. They may well do though.

That's interesting - that would be completely against all the current regs. - how old was the boat?

ed. or was there an escape hatch in the roof perhaps?

Yowsa.

There were 4 side hatches in total and at one Houdini in the front end roof. The tug space "under deck" was not accessible.

Not sure on age of boat. I guess mid/late 1990's.

Edited by mark99

Yowsa.

There were 4 side hatches in total and at one Houdini in the front end roof. The tug space "under deck" was not accessible.

Not sure on age of boat. I guess mid/late 1990's.

Then I would guess the Houdini hatch at the front 'probably' fulfilled the requirements to have a means to exit the boat from that end in an emergency but I couldn't say for certain. Can't see a boat being built by S Hudson not meeting the requirements.

Not ideal though.

Hi all, has anybody had any experience of these builders? A friend of ours is thinking of using them for her new boat and they seem very reasonable and quite helpful and enthusiastic. I've googled them and can't find any reviews, info or comments at all. ....good or bad!!! Any comments, opinions or general information gratefully received, via PM please in the interest of fairness to all concerned. Thanks.

Three Bz's Birds Boat Builders!! Built the shell for my Widebeam this year, very happy with John and such a nice helpful chap!

I never understand why anyone has a boat built new, with all the inherent risk of the builder going bust and you losing your stage payments, when by buying second hand you can see what you are getting, have it surveyed, and generally satisfy yourself it will do, before handing over a penny.

MtB

Good points, but in our case,

- as soon as we met Mel Davis and saw his work we opined that he was a man we could trust and who would build us our ideal boat, and

- have you tried looking for a 2nd hand 45-footer with a Gardner engine? Plentiful they ain't.

As it happens, it's not quite our ideal boat - the galley could do with rejigging, but we did not realise that until we had used it for a while. If you know a good boat carpenter around the S. Oxford, please let us know!

Hi, John Bird built my boat in 2010. I found him very knowledgable and full of ideas. I would recomend him to anyone who wants a boat built by an honest chap. He is very flexible in his approach and will build what you want so long as it is safe and within regulations. He is a very skilled man and I can say without hesitation that I am very happy with his work. Nev.

From what I can see on my phone, those fake rivets at least look right. Close together, rather than loosely dotted along the hull (mr.H take note).

Why thank you i did them myself. I'm not the owner of the business i am his daughter i work with him from time to time, for the past 3 years. We have been doing boats from the start and please ask any questions that need to be cleared up, also we are always happy to let people see before they commit to anything and have quite a range of happy customers that would recommend us. We do go a lot on word of mouth but have the odd advertisement and a facebook page, all the pictures are on there, if anyone wanted to look at the quality of work we do. https://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/three-Bz-Boat-Builders/303351871403 thank you for the lovely comments about the work we do, John (my dad) is very passionate about his work and wont do anything less than 100% :)