Waterscape - updated during a weekend!

DaveP

Featured Posts

There's a broken paddle at 13W on the Huddersfield Narrow so the canal is shut there as from today; but the surprising thing is that I got a notification email this morning (sent at 9:01am) and the webiste's been updated.

Progress!

--

Dave

There's a broken paddle at 13W on the Huddersfield Narrow so the canal is shut there as from today; but the surprising thing is that I got a notification email this morning (sent at 9:01am) and the webiste's been updated.

Progress!

--

Dave

That is good - I hope it's a permanent arrangement and will include bank holidays too..

I've always found it anomalous that they didn't update during the time when most people actually go boating.

Maybe somebody from CRT actually not only reads stuff on here but actually takes notice - or maybe it's been picked up during one of the recent boaters meetings, either way whatever it's progress indeed.

yup...cause last time I sat 3 days in Skipton waiting for a swingbridge repair update all weekend that had been fixed on the Friday already. (well..it was my excuse for staying put in Skipton..but it did highlight the web delay issue)

Just checked my emails and I got one this morning too for the Huddersfield narrow -

At Lock 13W Wharf Cottage

Saturday 10 August 2013 until further notice
Due to tail paddle failure a lock cant be made, unfortunatley we have no alternatie other than to close the canal at this location whilst we mobilise our repair teams. Repair anticipated by 13th August 2013 - check Waterscape for progress.

Winding available upstream at between Lock 14w & Lock 15w. Downstream between Lock 12w & Lock 13w.

We almost had heart failure when the alert arrived - seemed like we are doomed on this trip. Then we read it and it sounds like it'll be done before we get there. Now breathing again!

I did think about you guys when it came in - but like you thought it would be sorted before you got there.

Anyone heard any updates on this please?

No further emails on this since the one on Saturday and the notice on the stoppages site is just showing exactly the same.