Vetus Generator Maintenance

Featured Posts

Hi, we have a vetus 6kw generator installed on our boat for which we cannot get hold of a key to open the box. It is in an enclosed box as it is a hospital generator and very quiet but we have searched everywhere for a key or tool to open it and not come up with anything. Don't even know what it is called.

Plus we have a problem in that the generator is not taking up raw water now and therefore not getting enough coolant and we can't use it. Can't even get at it to see if it is the water pump. All suggestions gratefully received.

Hi - not much help but I have a Panda generator. If it's like yours, it's either the pump impeller worn/broke (impellor is a consumable) or the raw water filter needs cleaning or the raw water inlet pipe is blocked. NB have you a sea cock? I assume you must have - is that fully open?.

Hopefully someone more knowlegeable will follow up. Sounds like you need a locksmith; can you drill out the lock?

Edited by mark99

I have the same generator and if the panel locks are the as mine they would be about 6mm square. They are not too tight so a good pair of long nose pliers should turn them. Something like this should do Ebay Linky Check the size first of course.

The impeller is easy to get at and change and assuming its not blocked elsewhere will be where your problem is.