Watch Out ...newbies On The Water....!

Gypsey_Kings

Featured Posts

Well today we took possesion of our new previously-loved boat called 'SHAKIRA', all 59 feet. OK not us - we're too far away at the moment, But my niece and her husband have it and they are now proceeding from Reading to Newbury over today & tomorrow... Boy, do I wish it was us onboard. Anyway they are very new to this - so please be kind and patient with them....Apparently they had to do a 20-point turn to get out of the marina....

If anyone sees them give me a shout on the forum...may help my merves !!!.. and most importantly, please give them all the help & encouragement you can, as I know only this fabulous forum community can...

here a pics for you to recocnize the boat.

SHAKIRA-10409.jpg

SHAKIRA_4374181.jpg

Excuse the silly seats at the back ... hoping to change to this....

SEATS1020885.jpg

cheers from ....

Beautifull Lady & Grumpy Guitarman

edit - maybe I should learn to spell or type slower...

Edited by Gypsey_Kings

You need to tell them that if other boaters point and laugh it's not them but the pram hood they are taking the pee out of.

Nice looking boat though.

(we have a pram hood which is how I know this)

But please yes get rid of those god awful tractor seats (and don't sit on them or the replacements while under way especially if going backwards.)

enjoy!!

Hi

Luckily I told them to take the pram hood down before leaving the marina...unfortunately the tractor seats have to go...too uncomfortable on the 'family jewels'....I normally stand at the end of the tiller inside the semi-trad 'cockpit' (for want of a better word!!)..trying to make my dive into the cut happen only in many years time...well, it has to happen eventually...

cheers

Clive

Hi

Luckily I told them to take the pram hood down before leaving the marina...unfortunately the tractor seats have to go...too uncomfortable on the 'family jewels'....I normally stand at the end of the tiller inside the semi-trad 'cockpit' (for want of a better word!!)..trying to make my dive into the cut happen only in many years time...well, it has to happen eventually...

cheers

Clive

That's e correct place to stand, out of the arc of the tiller, and (hopefully) able to lean against something and take the weight off your feet a bit.

That's one of the most challenging sections of canal to start boating on, the first few locks are brutes. If they get through to Newbury ok they'll be able to handle anything on the system!

Wow...They've got to Monkey Marsh Lock No 90 - only 4 more to go.... I don't think they are newbies anymore.....Apparently only one gate is working so widebeams are going to have a problem....

Edited by Gypsey_Kings