Caveat de emptor comes to mind, Buyer beware.Marine paint suppliers.

Featured Posts

Very true. We built wood jam . A self build is a lot of work.

A lot of hardwork but worth the effort.

We painted woodjam ourselves, With Tony my sign writting mate. Some great times were had getting it like a mirror finnish.

Lots of hardwork flatting off between coats.

In Hign sight Just prime the boat under coat many times, and leave it. On our travels even at the pub last night as we were having a meal we could ear the faint sound of a boater sanding his pride and joy. The up keep of a boat is a labour of love.

Solar panels is a must if you are a continual cruiser. Free power give it me.

What are VMS.

.Moving on today .

Were is you fav spot on the canals.

Appreciate your replies especially Kwaker.

I am learning that the barge industry is some what antiquated and traditional in its view points.

Yes in future I, will give the same detail to paints external, as I did on the rest of the build, do more research into the canal standards .As a designer of modern things and contemporary standards I did expect that the quality and standards that manufacturers,house dwellers , designers and arcitects demand and expect.

Yes we do enjoy our new life to the full and Iam sure the paints will fade and mellow to an amazing old girl .Cared for loved and cherished.

Yet she is still fresh and new, and with all ladies, she deserves the best treatment and pampering off her man and partner..

Matching hand bags and shoes sort of a thing.

A new chapter in our life and 98% of the time an amazing journey.clapping.gif

As a female of the species- it can be quite refreshing to be original- shoes and handbags that don't match- creative!

Very true. We built wood jam . A self build is a lot of work.

A lot of hardwork but worth the effort.

We painted woodjam ourselves, With Tony my sign writting mate. Some great times were had getting it like a mirror finnish.

Lots of hardwork flatting off between coats.

In Hign sight Just prime the boat under coat many times, and leave it. On our travels even at the pub last night as we were having a meal we could ear the faint sound of a boater sanding his pride and joy. The up keep of a boat is a labour of love.

Solar panels is a must if you are a continual cruiser. Free power give it me.

What are VMS.

.Moving on today .

Were is you fav spot on the canals.

My favourite spot ....depends on what mood I'm in.

On the L&L, there is a spot where you come through a bridge and suddenly you're in heaven...a very sleep grassy slope, trees ahead, and 3 goats grazing on the slope. Magical. There's the spot where you can see cows drinking in the canal, just opposite your boat. There's the experience of sitting on the river section in Leeds, with the sun hitting the water at the right angle, and the river so slow it's like a lake. I love cruising into Castlefield in Manchester.....always a good feeling...and there's a mooring there which most boaters struggle with...the one right under the hanging trees...but I've mastered it.....:) There are so many favourite spots....which is the beauty of boating. ...oops nearly forgot....the canal on the Bridgewater ....near High Walton...covered with trees...:)

• 1 month later...

When we bought our previous boat it had a nice shade of light blue on the cabin, for which I found a tin of touch up in the gas locker. Turned out to be Hammerite garage door enamel .

Its what I'm going to be using.

Cave de emptori means "Beware of the buyer".

Well, actually, it doesn't. The phrase is meaningless or at least dog-latin.tongue.png

Cave emptorem is the correct latin for "beware of the buyer".

Sorry for the pedantry, but reading this thread has brought out the worst in me, I'm afraid.

Well, actually, it doesn't. The phrase is meaningless or at least dog-latin.tongue.png

Cave emptorem is the correct latin for "beware of the buyer".

Sorry for the pedantry, but reading this thread has brought out the worst in me, I'm afraid.

CENTURION: Now, write it out a 'undred times!

Edited by kitman