Boat Handling/Maintenance Course, Beds, Herts, Bucks?

Featured Posts

Phil Bassett of "Boatshed Grand Union" also runs training courses, down King's Langley way, presumably using his own boat Persephone for some of these?

This is not a recommendation, because other than knowing it exists, I know nothing about the operation.

Linky

Phil Bassett of "Boatshed Grand Union" also runs training courses, down King's Langley way, presumably using his own boat Persephone for some of these?

This is not a recommendation, because other than knowing it exists, I know nothing about the operation.

Linky

Thanks Alan! that's perfect will take a look :)

RYA offers a database of inland waterways helmsman courses, which you can search by area, also most of the providers offer to come to you and train you on your own boat. "Price by prior arrangement" though, which to me reads as "will cost you a fortune"!!!

good luck!!

Ive been trying to get on RYA's website for about a week now, but it keeps coming up website is busy! lol, Thank you, will keep trying :)

• 5 months later...

If Rugby is not too far, Willow Wren Traing did a pretty good introduction to diesel engine course, and I've heard some good things about their boat handling courses.

Willow Wren has moved. They are now on the GU between Stockton and Birdingbury Wharf on the old Nelson's Cement works site.

"From January 2014 all boat handling courses will be held at Nelson's Wharf but shore based courses i.e. First Aid, Diesel Engine Maintenance, VHF Marine Radio and Boatmaster Training will continue to be held at Rugby Wharf until April 2014".

http://www.willowwrentraining.co.uk/

Edited by Ray T