Featured Posts

Hiya Peeps,

Jeff fancies a trip down to Gloucester (if poss) so, I've been trying for the last couple of hours to Plan a journey using the CanalPlan.eu website but tearing my hair out as it just will not do what I want it to!!!

Ok, I'd like to depart Kings Orchard Marina (Coventry Canal) and arrive Gloucester on a clockwise route taking in Stratford upon Avon, Tewksbury, Worcester, Stourport, Kidderminster, Dudley, Walsall and back to Kings Orchard Marina. Trouble is CanalPlan keeps sending me up the Worcester and Birmingham canal to Tardebigge etc... Please help, what am I doing wrong???

We're going to do it anyway, plan on leaving this Sunday but just wondered what sort of time scale we're looking at with a 5 hour average days cruising.

Hiya Peeps,

Jeff fancies a trip down to Gloucester (if poss) so, I've been trying for the last couple of hours to Plan a journey using the CanalPlan.eu website but tearing my hair out as it just will not do what I want it to!!!

Ok, I'd like to depart Kings Orchard Marina (Coventry Canal) and arrive Gloucester on a clockwise route taking in Stratford upon Avon, Tewksbury, Worcester, Stourport, Kidderminster, Dudley, Walsall and back to Kings Orchard Marina. Trouble is CanalPlan keeps sending me up the Worcester and Birmingham canal to Tardebigge etc... Please help, what am I doing wrong???

We're going to do it anyway, plan on leaving this Sunday but just wondered what sort of time scale we're looking at with a 5 hour average days cruising.

Just enter the places you want to pass through

I've just entered Kings Orchard Marina to Kings Orchard Marina via Bancroft Basin, Tewkesbury, Gloucester Docks, Worcester, River Severn Moorings (Stourport), Kidderminster, Dudley Port Junction, and Walsall Junction. It gave the correct route, didn't send me up the W&B at any point, and says the total journey time is 94 hours (using my own defaults).

At what point does it try to send you up the W&B?

I see what you mean, the route editor doesn't do 'via' places

Yes it does (not sure about the "wizard" I've never used it since the first time I saw it and hated it)

I see what you mean, the route editor doesn't do 'via' places

Cracked it, after doing te route click options then tick 'don't use route wizard' then you can use the normal via places.

It came up with 19 days!

He's recently issued a new release, which is doing some rather odd things at the moment. It keeps losing all my carefully worked-out options, including my default start/finish places, and resetting everything to the default for example. He as actively working on the issues at this very moment.