Making cratch cover steel

Featured Posts

Hi, soo like most peoples boats the front of the boat has a plastic tent like cover.

My boats only 35 foot and the plan is to have a toilet and sink in the front, i tried making it with Marine ply and just made a mess, (First time using my dads jig-saw) blink.png so im going to get someone to make it with steel.
Has anyone done this and know does anyone who can do this kind of work? How much do you think it would cost?

Hi I am designing a cabin for the rear, woops stern.

Metal and glass with a conservatory roof.

I was quoted for a tent front and rear 7.5 grand. pass me the sniffing salts.

come on guys lets see what you old canal dogs have inveted for your boats.

Best idea gets a mars bar.

Hi, soo like most peoples boats the front of the boat has a plastic tent like cover.

My boats only 35 foot and the plan is to have a toilet and sink in the front, i tried making it with Marine ply and just made a mess, (First time using my dads jig-saw) blink.png so im going to get someone to make it with steel.

Has anyone done this and know does anyone who can do this kind of work? How much do you think it would cost?

This guy does them.

Give him a bell. (He#s a forum member too)

http://www.kedianengineering.co.uk/index.html

Remember to take account of the extra weight of the steel that will be used.

My daughter used to live on a boat like thing that had been extended with steel at one end. Even building a concrete seat at the other end didn't get it to sit level again.

Remember to take account of the extra weight of the steel that will be used.

My daughter used to live on a boat like thing that had been extended with steel at one end. Even building a concrete seat at the other end didn't get it to sit level again.

The Op is not talking about extending their boat. Just having a steel frame added. A different prospect I would say.

Like this

But don't forget you will have restricted head room. Wooden cratch's tend to have a 6" lift to increase head room.

Alex

DSCF1378.jpg