Looking to help crew your boat ;)

Narrowboating

Featured Posts

boat.gif Hi i am looking to live aboard a boat but can't afford it at this time so i am looking for someone who needs help on there boat i have no experience with boating but I'm willing to help must be pet friendly as i have a dog is there anyone that would allow me to help aboard their boat? You would have to teach me the basics ie how to moor, steer, operate locks etc at first, but once learned I can help you along the canal. Please let me know thanks for reading hope to here from you soon. My contact number is 07946 160 250 cheers.gif

You can also reach me on FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/narrowboating smile.png

And most murder victims know their killer very well.

Here's another synopsis:

Get to KNOW the complete stranger, befriend his dog, show him the ropes and teach him a few tricks. And perhaps gain a friend for life.

Who then kills you ;-)

We meet all sorts in life. If you never open your arms, your heart will stay closed. Good luck to you OP! I have learned a lot in a similar way. And found the boating community both accepting and helpful. Even though I do not have a boat of my own..........yet.

/Bengt

Edited by Caprifool

but if I remember correctly, you did not make your first two posts identical, in two different threads and request to move onto someone's boat.

You spent some time reading the threads, gained some knowledge, asked some questions and we got to know you, in a way.

of course you may be the mad, axe murderer of Sweden but I doubt it. smile.png

Edit: yes, I am an old cynic and trust no one.

Edited by bottle

The first request was on a thread where another person wanted to gain boating experience and offered to do vegan cooking. I do hope they get some response. However, if I want to eat vegan I'll get out on to the towpath and crop the grass.

Bengt (Caprifool) was a complete stranger when we welcomed him on our boat then left him with it for three weeks. However he'd been on the forum for a goodly period of time, and I'd had lovely conversations with him late into the night on Facebook.

To the OP - engage on the forum, ask questions, contribute on threads, PM people, go into the chat room. In that way people will get to know you and maybe trust you. If you're truly interested in boating that shouldn't be too difficult.

In that respect I agree with Bottle - you can't expect to come onto a forum and in your first post ask to come aboard peoples boats.

Contribute - learn - chat :)