Hurth HBW 100 gearbox.

pete.i

Featured Posts

Hi all.

I have just replaced my Hurth gearbox with a recon Hurth unit. Looking on the tinterweb the recomended ATF is either Redline Synthetic ATF or Foley Hytork Fluid. I can find neither of these on Ebay or Amazon so does anyone have any recomendations for an excellent ATF for these gearboxes please.

Next question. I have the old gearbox and whilst I have been offered fifty quid for it I would rather see if I can recondition it myself. I am of the opinion that if another human being can do it then so can I. We shall see on that one. Anyway I cannot find anything on stripping the gearbox down or torques required etc etc. I could just go ahead and do it myself but would much prefer some sort of guidance. Does anyone know where I can find such documentation, videos, hints and tips.

Thanks

Pete

I have just found the Redline stuff on EBay but recomendations would still be appreciated.

Edited by pete.i

http://www.bukh-bremen.de/files/346/upload/Hersteller/ZF/Reparaturanleitung%20u%20Ersatzteilliste%20ZF3M%20bis%20ZF30M%20mechanisch.pdf

I know it relates to the ZF10M but the oil requirements are the same. (Page 34 for the list)

Repair the old box? Take the money...

Thanks for that both.

I did find a workshop manual for the box but that one is much better quality than the one I found eightpot.

As for repairing the old box. The only limitation on that is if the parts price outweighs the viability of repairing it. I did price the parts up and they came to nigh on £300 and the recon unit I bought cost £398 so it wasn't worth my while. But if I can find the bits cheaper then it may be worthwhile and anyway I like doing that sort of stuff if I can and for fifty quid its not a huge loss if I don't succeed. We shall see I suppose.

Pete