Milton Keynes attempted break-in

Mike Tee

Featured Posts

Left the boat in Simpson for a couple of days before the 'big' summer cruise and last night some arsole tried to break in through the front doors. He/she even undid the armco hook and tried using that, but failed dismally. Didn't do the paintwork any good.

No doubt in frustration at not getting in, he/she smashed a porthole - 8.5 inches, so he/she wasn't getting in that way!

The paint is a bit of rubbing down and a touch-up, and the glass was obtained from a local glaziers for £3.20 but the bloody annoyance factor is off the scale!

And he/she either threw my hook into the cut, or took it with them - which might indicate another boater.

HoHum, probably on the way back from the Plough after a bank holiday piss-up - hope they fell in on the way home.

Thanks for the offer - spent most of today sorting it out, plus moving the boat up to Campbell Park. Over the years we've frequently left boats in Simpson between Bowlers Bridge and The Plough,and this is the first bit of trouble.

Must have been after dark, probably after the pub shut, and there is a guy living on board about 25 yards away, although I havn't spoken to him today.

It kind of ruins a good mooring when that happens - I supose I won't feel like leaving the boat there again, which is a sod as I can walk to it from the house! (And I'm not known for walking far!)

Sorry to hear that mike I try and stay away from that area heard about ropes get cut and people have had there cars broken in to if you need a hand with anything let me