The Grantham Canal

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

If, like me, you've almost forgotten to complete that survey, here's another reminder - in fact the one I've just received from the chairman of the Grantham Canal Society - and am about to act on!

In a nutshell, this waterway is a gem: 32 miles of rural bliss threading its way through delightful, quintessential, English Countryside right in the heart of Britain. Thoughtfully, its builders placed the lock flights at either end of the navigation leaving a 20 mile pound in between.

If these four locks can be restored then, in conjunction with the three above already completed, something like 25 miles of linked waterway will be opened up: a not insignificant mileage, that can be cruised westwards from the charming market town of Grantham, almost to the A46 Fosseway - not far from the outskirts of Nottingham.

Hi,

Please help the Grantham Canal Society by responding to a survey we are undertaking.

This is in relation to Stage 2 of our bid to HLF for funding to restore Locks 15 & 14 of the canal. I would greatly appreciate your support.

You can access the survey readers from the website - www.granthamcanalheritageinitiative.com

Select the box: canal survey

The survey will only take a few minutes to complete.

The greater the number of survey responses the greater the impact on the HLF committee

Many thanks

Mike Stone

Chairman

• 1 month later...