Overplating

stuart

Featured Posts

Hi. My friend has just brought a 35ft narrowboat at a good price but it will need over plating.

He's moored on the dudley canal, theres a few boat yards around that will allow you to do the work on their site but won't actually do it themselves.

I'm after names of companies/people who would do this sort of work around the Dudley/Birmingham/Wolverhampton area - can you help??

Any one got an idea what a likely cost is? What thickness of steel is usually used?

Stu.

Edited by stuart

I could certainly get the steel, and I might be able to help, but not for a while as I'm still using all my time fitting out.

Is it flat? Does it need a whole new bottom? What about around the weedhatch stern tube area? Any plating on the sides? What thickness is it at the moment? How recently was it last blacked? And lastly what sort of insulation is there inside?

I would suggest using 6mm as you can handle it and there are hundreds of boats out there that are still sound, that were built from 6mm thirty plus years ago. Sure 10mm is good but you will need machinery to move it around and that aint cheap.

Hi. My friend has just brought a 35ft narrowboat at a good price but it will need over plating.

He's moored on the dudley canal, theres a few boat yards around that will allow you to do the work on their site but won't actually do it themselves.

I'm after names of companies/people who would do this sort of work around the Dudley/Birmingham/Wolverhampton area - can you help??

Any one got an idea what a likely cost is? What thickness of steel is usually used?

Stu.

Hello Stu

can you let e know if you find one?

I will need the same thing next year(am based in Brum) and the nearest I have found is in Telford area who can do it.