SKIPTON WATERWAYS FESTIVAL 2007

Nige

Featured Posts

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone will be attending the Skipton Waterways festival next year ? I have attended the last two years (Though as a visitor and not with a NB), but next year I intend to take Discovery down for the full 3 days and have a ball !!

:angry::angry:

Nige

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone will be attending the Skipton Waterways festival next year ? I have attended the last two years (Though as a visitor and not with a NB), but next year I intend to take Discovery down for the full 3 days and have a ball !!

Nige

Hi Nige,

Me! Me! er I mean us! us! Are you going to the boaters bash? "Three steps to Hebburn" are playing again, I really enjoyed them last time they played, We are looking forward to it, the girls want to dress up..not sure what as tho', probably mini Nora Batties :D

Regards,

Ally p.

Hi Folks,

Nige

Yes we'll be there if at all poss, not ofton we miss, saw your boat on our way to Barrowford, do you know which boatbuilder ? as it looks very nice but a bit unusual

Bren

Hi Folks,

Nige

Nige,

Pardon my hignorance but What is it, When is it and Would there be room for a largebarge?

Tim

Tim,

I reckon there would be plenty of room for Severn. It might make a mess of the organisers plans for the "Hertitage" section though...last year I spotted about four narrowboats moored together right in the middle of the site. These were the "Heritage" craft, they were very nice boats indeed, but c'mon, Skipton never saw a working narrowboat...ever.

Severn would be the ideal craft for the prime mooring, show people what the real working boats looked like up here.

Andy.

Hi Nige,

Me! Me! er I mean us! us! Are you going to the boaters bash? "Three steps to Hebburn" are playing again, I really enjoyed them last time they played, We are looking forward to it, the girls want to dress up..not sure what as tho', probably mini Nora Batties :D

Regards,

Ally p.

Hi Ally,

Im sure that I'll be partaking of just about everything !! Boaters bash included !!

What kind of music do "Three Steps" perform ?

Cheers,

Nige

Yes we'll be there if at all poss, not ofton we miss, saw your boat on our way to Barrowford, do you know which boatbuilder ? as it looks very nice but a bit unusual

Bren

Hi Bren,

Discovery was built in 1971 way down south by a guy called Brian Duval. Apparently he owned her until he passed away in 1980. She then passed on to a lady called Pip Laurenson, who lived on her for over 20 years and it was she who had the rotten wooden top removed in 1990, and replaced with the steel top she now has, which followed exactly the same lines.

The construction is 10 / 10 / 6 / 6 / and she is powered by a Mercedes 636 diesel.

Whats your boat Bren and I'll look out for you ! :angry:

Nige

Nige,

Pardon my hignorance but What is it, When is it and Would there be room for a largebarge?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Im sure there would be room for a largebarge - there were a couple there this year. It takes place in Skipton basin each year and runs for 3 days. It's basically a fun event that gets loads of boaters together amongst other interests, and has a damn good time. Loads of other attractions there too - way too many to mention.

It generally takes place round easter time. I've asked BW for the details for next years event, but as yet had no response. Its well worth a visit if only for the "networking" !!!!!!!

:angry:

Nige

PS - just in case your not from this neck o the woods - Skipton is in North Yorkshire on the Leeds & Liverpool.

Edited by Nige

Hi Ally,

Im sure that I'll be partaking of just about everything !! Boaters bash included !!

What kind of music do "Three Steps" perform ?

Cheers,

Nige

Hi Bren,

Discovery was built in 1971 way down south by a guy called Brian Duval. Apparently he owned her until he passed away in 1980. She then passed on to a lady called Pip Laurenson, who lived on her for over 20 years and it was she who had the rotten wooden top removed in 1990, and replaced with the steel top she now has, which followed exactly the same lines.

The construction is 10 / 10 / 6 / 6 / and she is powered by a Mercedes 636 diesel.

Whats your boat Bren and I'll look out for you ! :angry:

Nige

Hi Tim,

Im sure there would be room for a largebarge - there were a couple there this year. It takes place in Skipton basin each year and runs for 3 days. It's basically a fun event that gets loads of boaters together amongst other interests, and has a damn good time. Loads of other attractions there too - way too many to mention.

It generally takes place round easter time. I've asked BW for the details for next years event, but as yet had no response. Its well worth a visit if only for the "networking" !!!!!!!

:angry:

Nige

PS - just in case your not from this neck o the woods - Skipton is in North Yorkshire on the Leeds & Liverpool.

Hi Nige,

Three steps perform all sorts of music and can play just about anything, they take requests, quite a lot of good ole rock n'roll, I asked in the boat shop in Skipton this week and you book a spot in January via Pennine cruisers including the bash. It would be lovely to see Severn there, most of the "heritage" boats in the past have been replicas.

Regards,

Ally P.

Edited by allybsc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

:angry::)

Nige

Hi Folks,

Just a bit of an update re this festival and a bit of an appeal for people in the area to support it in any way they can.

I have been informed that BW have withdrawn their financial support for this festival for 2007 and are only planning a minimal prescence there (Mainly all the WOW kind of stuff for the kids).

Ian who owns "The Boat Shop" on Skipton waterfront and who organises most of the event (with help from others) is still going to run the event and is seeking any form of sponsorship help and of course interested boaters to turn up and participate in the event, which is provisionally penciled in for mayday bank holiday weekend 2007.

PLEASE DON'T CONTACT HIM YET UNLESS IT IS TO DO WITH SPONSORSHIP

The booking system for boat owners to register for the event will not be operating until the new year.

So lets bear it in mind all you Northern boaters and get behind this event - it's probably the best one on the L & L and we certainly dont want it to disappear :)

Nige