Scam artist or not?

beetooex

Featured Posts

It was signed Mr. L. E. Phant

:)

I watched one of the Hammer horror films and on a plaque to a doctors house it read "Dr. Frank N. Stein"

:)

:P

There are numerous names like this and Terry Wogan on his former Radio 2 slot, would quite often quote from fictitious listener's letters whom more often than not would sign off with one like; Mick Sturbs or Alec Trician.

As a ruse, when ordering a takeaway pizza for my kids, I would phone up and place the order with some of these daft names. Upon collection and accompanied by the kids, they would sit in the pizza store waiting to hear what name would be called out for our order.

Russel Hobbs, Ken Woodchef or Hugh Andwhosearmy were amongst the most popular. The young store workers were usually oblivious to the ruse but the other customers would quite often start giggling at the names.

My kids still think I'm as mad as a hatter to this day.

Edited by Doorman
  • Greenie 1

There are numerous names like this and Terry Wogan on his former Radio 2 slot, would quite often quote from fictitious listener's letters whom more often than not would sign off with one like; Mick Sturbs or Alec Trician.

As a ruse, when ordering a takeaway pizza for my kids, I would phone up and place the order with some of these daft names. Upon collection and accompanied by the kids, they would sit in the pizza store waiting to hear what name would be called out for our order.

Russel Hobbs, Ken Woodchef or Hugh Andwhosearmy were amongst the most popular. The young store workers were usually oblivious to the ruse but the other customers would quite often start giggling at the names.

My kids still think I'm as mad as a hatter to this day.

go into asda, tell them you mate is in the store and you need to find her, they can then ask for Tess Khosar-Cheepa over the tannoy.

go into asda, tell them you mate is in the store and you need to find her, they can then ask for Tess Khosar-Cheepa over the tannoy.

I thought you were going to say the naughty one........Mike Hunt.

Where you telephone your local pub from your mobile whilst sitting in there and ask the barmaid to enquire whether anyone has seen Mike Hunt.

You'd be amazed at how many times they fall for this embarrassing prank! :lol: