refleks 71m yellow flame?

padz

Featured Posts

I think the "diesel inlet" you've seen in my photo is actually the flame failure themocouple tip. Do Bubble stoves not have these to cut off the fuel if the flame goes out?. The actual diesel inlet is the silver coloured pipe entering the bottom of the pot which you can see in the 2nd photo. I think all mfrs burner pots work the same way in this respect.

Richard

Hi,

Excellent pictures (almost better than KK's) - yes it is the tip of thermo couple - take care when cleaning the fire as they are easily damaged and then the fire won't run.

I get replacements from Kabola, cost about £15.

Leo.

Hi,

Excellent pictures (almost better than KK's) - yes it is the tip of thermo couple - take care when cleaning the fire as they are easily damaged and then the fire won't run.

I get replacements from Kabola, cost about £15.

Leo.

Leo,

Thanks for the kind words re the pictures!

It's easy to see how folks can confuse each other with the way they write stuff on here!

In my reply to Julynian I wasn't sure whether he was looking at the thermocouple and mis identifying it as a fuel inlet (it seems he was now). I certainly know what it is but thanks for adding your reply anyway!

I've yet to damage my thermocouple (the boiler hasn't really been used in anger - only on trials I've carried out with different flue configs and assessing diesel versus kerosene as a fuel. Need to finish the boat fit out first!

When I do need to replace the thermocouple I'm going to buy a universal gas boiler one from a plumbers merchant like BES or similar. They're identical, as is the shut off valve itself, but about half the price compared with the "genuine" part!

Richard