Glow Plug

Dovetail

Featured Posts

Does anyone know how easy it is to get glow plugs for a 1500bmc sap like tomorrow West London.

Having removed my cylinder head today due to a blowing head gasket I went off to a friends garage so we can easily remove the valves and bed them in. We also checked the glow plugs and one of them seemed a bit suspect or at least my friend said but this was not a great surprise as it had been getting a bit awkward in starting. So we decided to remove it and yes we pulled the end off……bugger we got the end out eventually pushed it back into the glow plug and tested it and it glowed red so perhaps was ok all the time ……bugger bugger.

I am getting the head skimmed tomorrow so I may be lucky and they have them but then I guess they will say not seen one of these for a few years and I was expecting to have the engine all back together tomorrow evening. I will be on the phone first thing but if anyone can point me in a right direction it will be a great help.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get glow plugs for a 1500bmc sap like tomorrow West London.

Having removed my cylinder head today due to a blowing head gasket I went off to a friends garage so we can easily remove the valves and bed them in. We also checked the glow plugs and one of them seemed a bit suspect or at least my friend said but this was not a great surprise as it had been getting a bit awkward in starting. So we decided to remove it and yes we pulled the end off……bugger we got the end out eventually pushed it back into the glow plug and tested it and it glowed red so perhaps was ok all the time ……bugger bugger.

I am getting the head skimmed tomorrow so I may be lucky and they have them but then I guess they will say not seen one of these for a few years and I was expecting to have the engine all back together tomorrow evening. I will be on the phone first thing but if anyone can point me in a right direction it will be a great help.

This information may help and you can order by phone and have it Wednesday

http://www.asap-supplies.com/brands/champion/champion-ch32-heater-glow-plug-131050

Thanks for the link I am hoping to see if I can get one tomorrow, I do have a couple of boat yards to call and if they come up with sorry no I will then order one and asap are as good as any but hopping to get one tomorrow as it will make life awkward regarding battery charging if not. Cheers.

Thanks for the link I am hoping to see if I can get one tomorrow, I do have a couple of boat yards to call and if they come up with sorry no I will then order one and asap are as good as any but hopping to get one tomorrow as it will make life awkward regarding battery charging if not. Cheers.

Having the numbers may help

Well so much for trying to replace the head gasket and overhaul the cylinder head in double quick time.

The removal and overhaul of the head went well but then the bleed nut on the injector pump sheared off when first bleeding the engine managed to get a replacement, then found that the lift pump had decided to suck more air than diesel so a new lift pump fitted, and now with all the air removed from the system it still refused to start, two trips to a friend to charge my starter battery over two nights I finally got her started and she runs sweet so sweet. I now know a lot more about this lovely 40 year old BMC 1.5.

Just for information CJ Diesel at Isleworth are very helpful and have saved my life in the past and this time.