Dredging over the years.....I was curious to know

Bobbybass

Featured Posts

Have you mixed inches and feet up, after all we did go decimal 40yrs ago.

Tin hats on lads.........Incoming !!!!!!

Of course but what does mony to do with feet and inches

or did you mean metrication

As of 2012, metrication in the United Kingdom remains partial – most of government, industry and commerce use metric units, but imperial units are officially used to specify journey distances, vehicle speeds and the sizes of returnable milk containers, beer and cider glasses and are often used informally to describe body measurements and vehicle fuel economy. At school, the use of metric units is the norm, though pupils are taught rough metric equivalents of those imperial units still in daily use.

unquote

:cheers:

Edited by davidc

Some of you may remember me mentioning a while ago about an incident in the 60's at Lifford near Kings Norton Junction. While dredging it they accidently pulled out a plug which nobody knew was there. The canal emptied into the River Rea in the valley below, flooding Lifford Hall, a main road, and some local businesses.

I was only a kid at the time so specific memories are a little sketchy and I can't find any reference to it anywhere, even the local archives. So if anybody can remember this incident or can refer me to any info about it I'd be grateful.

Some of you may remember me mentioning a while ago about an incident in the 60's at Lifford near Kings Norton Junction. While dredging it they accidently pulled out a plug which nobody knew was there. The canal emptied into the River Rea in the valley below, flooding Lifford Hall, a main road, and some local businesses.

I was only a kid at the time so specific memories are a little sketchy and I can't find any reference to it anywhere, even the local archives. So if anybody can remember this incident or can refer me to any info about it I'd be grateful.

I have a similar childhood memory of something like that happening on the GU in the Cosgrove/Fenny Stratford area. I will ask some old school mates whos' parent ran a boat yard if they have dates & location.

taslim.