Hydraulic Bow Thruster

blackrose

Featured Posts

I think most people know what bow thrusters are capable of. I can do exactly the same manouvre - all boats with properly working bow thrusters can be made to move sideways, whether they're electric or hydraulic.

To be honest lets leave it here Blackrose, anything I say is going to come back at me in an aggressive / confrontational fashion - "I think most people know.." etc

I have given my experience and made no general comments about which is better- if my experience is wrong so be it.

All the best

John

NB Mugwump

Edited by speejo

To be honest lets leave it here Blackrose, anything I say is going to come back at me in an aggressive / confrontational fashion - "I think most people know.." etc

I have given my experience and made no general comments about which is better- if my experience is wrong so be it.

All the best

John

NB Mugwump

Well John, your previous posts in which you say that some of us on this forum are too opinionated because we haven't tried the things we talk about, as well as your "trying is believing" comment, all come across as bit patronising (especially since I'd already pointed out I have tried an hydraulic system).

However, I wasn't trying to be aggressive or confrontational so my apologies if that's how I've sounded - I was just pointing out that electric bowthrusters can perform exactly the same manouvre as you described.

Also, I thought you were saying that hydraulic was a better system in your earlier posts? - It certainly sounded like it to me. I have also been led to believe this from others I have spoken to, but in my experience it isn't so. No, you're not "wrong", we just have different experiences & preferences & I'm glad you're happy with yours.

Anyway, please don't take it personally just because others have different experiences & opinions to yourself - that's what the forum is supposed to be about.

Best wishes - Mike

Edited by blackrose

All getting a little serouse isnt it...

We have a electric bowthruster, and i certainly wouldnt expect to be able to turn the boat around with it, or get her moving sideways!!

- Its very usfull at times, and its a good "nice-to-have" however, it certainly doesnt have "all the power you ever need"! And doesnt last forever eather.

Ive never used a hyrodlic thruster, but i could deffornatly see it beeing very much diffrent, and possably an improvement too.

Daniel

All getting a little serouse isnt it...

We have a electric bowthruster, and i certainly wouldnt expect to be able to turn the boat around with it, or get her moving sideways!!

- Its very usfull at times, and its a good "nice-to-have" however, it certainly doesnt have "all the power you ever need"! And doesnt last forever eather.

Ive never used a hyrodlic thruster, but i could deffornatly see it beeing very much diffrent, and possably an improvement too.

Daniel

You should be able to get your boat to move sideways if you use your rudder hard over at the same time.

Edited by blackrose

You should be able to get your boat to move sideways if you use your rudder hard over at the same time.

Well she might a bit...

...but its not a very big thruster for the size and draught of the boat!

Shes 22ton, draws the best part of 3ft, and is very reluctant to move anywhere, let alone sideways! And its only a 3kva bow-prop.

Daniel