Low Power Computers

GlenBlk

Featured Posts

I have a MBP and can run it fine from my 150 watt cheapo maplins inverter (cost about £20 i think). I also have a 12v cigarette lighter adaptor thingy bought on ebay which runs it fine too and I suspect converts the power more efficiently.

Can I ask the question on this thread since Epads, Android Tablets and android phones are low power compared with laptops how they fare in comparison for use aboard.

I am just getting into a tablet and know that some post using android gear and wondered hoe its done without a CWDF app? ETC

Just open canalworld.net in the browser on yr Android device. I can use it on my XPeria Mini PRo with a 2.5in screen so anything larger should be useable.

Thanks. Obviously I have not tried yet. Just getting my head round the different approach to PCs.

Editted by an android; Good aren't they?

Edited by blodger

But the OP was asking about a 10 hour day in front of a screen. Thad day in front of a 2.% inch screen would NOT be clever.

It's just me using a dying thread. I use the laptop as a dump load for the solar in summer! It's amazing how quick it can bring the batts down. I am looking to use a tablet more seriously in the future since they use less than 2 amps. I cannot see them being any slower than the laptop on 3G but have yet to try it.

What about one of these?

Just got home for christmas and dad has one with his company laptop, slightly laggy when fast dragging windows but otherwise a really very useable low power portable second screen.

http://www.expansys.com/lenovo-thinkvision-lt1421-14-usb-powered-169-8ms-led-233120/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=base&ito=1701&mkwid=svHjLhmZB&kword=adwords_productfeed&gclid=CL2I0cfFsbQCFe7MtAodpy4Agg

Daniel