B&W Film 1941

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

I was looking at the exact same clip last night.

Some nice shots of GU and Josher pairs, but also some of various trains of barges pulled by tugs (inc. White Heather?)

I have been told that Lawrence Hogg has it in his collection but I can't find it.

I have been told that Lawrence Hogg has it in his collection but I can't find it.

It is "Barging along" 1944 a film owned by BW/CRT made by BS productions as a wartime propaganda film. It is on my "British Waterways Archive" double DVD.

Secondly it shouldnt be in the Huntley archive either and they know that!

It is "Barging along" 1944 a film owned by BW/CRT made by BS productions as a wartime propaganda film. It is on my "British Waterways Archive" double DVD.

The big Woolwich loading in Limehouse is our own boat "Barnet" btw.

Thanks Lawrence, Now I will go and get them all out and see if I have that one, If not an order will be on its way.

This film was shot in 1941 before BW existed. There is some shot in London and on the GU as well as Barton swing aqueduct http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GM4HtFi4TA&feature=share

Why do they keep quoting Brindley can neither read or write when there is plenty of evidence in his notebooks and estimates that he could. His spelling and grammar may be different to ours but it was contemporary to the age. Certainly his peers would have understood him.

• Greenie 1