Kabola spare parts for old type E3

Chenzo

Featured Posts

Hello all,

Looking for help on sortig a part for a Kabola E3. Specifically the thermostat. I have been informed that the one I have has been superseeded by a new design. Agent for these boilers does not carry any old stock. The thermostat that I have cuts out just below 60 degrees but it should run to a temp of 80 degrees before it cuts out. The thermostat is inserted into the body of the boiler about 8 inches which is then attached to the reg via a length of wire. Can anybody point me in the direction of a supplier of older Kabola parts?

Thanks,

Vinnie.

I have a complete E5`that I am about to put on Ebay dont know if it has the part you need.

Am open to offers forthe whole thing

I assume what you need is theover temp sensor

Julian

Edited by idleness

I have a complete E5`that I am about to put on Ebay dont know if it has the part you need.

Am open to offers forthe whole thing

I assume what you need is theover temp sensor

Julian

Your right it is the over temp sensor that I am looking for. Can you post a picture of your boiler?

From the first post I guess you may have been talking to Kuranda already. Have you tried Harworth Heating yet? Link here.

They seem to carry a far wider variety of spares for all sorts of oil fired boilers and stoves and their website has lots of tech info on all the different types of oil regulators used on pot burners like the Kabola.

I didn't realise that the "E" series used the thermostatic oil regulator in its early days. My E5 has the much simpler manually controlled OCI 252AY "Ships regulator". Overtemp protection is now done by separate Teddington KBB fire valves, one sensing boiler water temp set at 90°C and the other sensing air temp in the vicinity of the flue at 65°C.

KBB fire valves are easily obtained eg here or any good plumbers merchants. Not sure whether your thermostatic reg can be made to operate in manual mode without its sensor working though. Maybe Harworth or Kuranda could help?

Richard

I think I might have the over temp bit for an E5. I ordered one separately not realising it came as standard.

I'll have a look...

I there, any luck with finding the extra thermo stat? I tried to PM you but not sure if it worked properly. Not so proficient in navigating this forum.

I there, any luck with finding the extra thermo stat? I tried to PM you but not sure if it worked properly. Not so proficient in navigating this forum.

Don't know if you read my post above but it could be that mickspangle was offering a Teddington KBB valve rather than the correct thermostatic sensor that works via your early type of thermostat controlled oil regulator. (Presumably yours looks like the one in the 2nd picture posted by idleness above). It would be worth checking this with mickspangle if/when you get a reply.

You could fit the KBB valve in your oil line but I don't know whether your oil reg will operate properly without a working thermostatic sensor. The KBB valve is really just a fire valve that shuts off the fuel if it detects more than 90°C boiler water temp. Its sensor is just pushed into a "pocket" screwed into the boiler tapping and I suspect your boiler may not have the right sized pocket for the KBB. Looking at idleness's picture the earlier oil reg sensor looks like it may use a smaller pocket.

Is the "wire" connecting your sensor to the reg really a capilliary tube and not actually a wire?

Richard

Edited by rjasmith