Shur-flo Water Pumps

andrew

Featured Posts

But I wonder if you would take any precautions if you were out overnight? How about a weekend? So what's the difference? I can't say I turn the water pump off if I'm just popping out, but it might only take a couple of hours to have a flood.

New equipment that comes onto the market is usually made to British or European standards. The stuff you use now was also new once and I'm sure someone somewhere slagged it off preferring to use something more traditional, but you found it useful. Of course some new products are crap but I think you're generalising a bit.

Out for a weekend! my last trip was six weeks and 500+ miles. I don't think I am generalising at all, there are some products/ mechanisms that should have total reliability and yes there is such a thing.

When did you car steering last fail, when did an aircraft undercarriage not go down when told. To blithely accept that plastic pipes pull out of their connectors now and then and flood your boat is the logic of the madhouse.

Out for a weekend! my last trip was six weeks and 500+ miles. I don't think I am generalising at all, there are some products/ mechanisms that should have total reliability and yes there is such a thing.

When did you car steering last fail, when did an aircraft undercarriage not go down when told. To blithely accept that plastic pipes pull out of their connectors now and then and flood your boat is the logic of the madhouse.

John, I think you misunderstood me. By "out for a weekend" I meant leaving the boat to go away, not going on a trip on the boat. Also when I said you were generalising, I meant what you had said about modern equipment being no good.

No, I've never had a car steering go wrong (but lots of other things have gone wrong with cars I've owned). However you don't have to look very far for a recent case of an aircraft undercarriage failure (whatever that has to do with anything?):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/751307.stm

Anyway, back onto topic. There are enough anecdotes here about water pump leaks to show that taking precautions isn't the logic of the madhouse at all. Actually, I don't blithely accept that my boat will become flooded, that's why I'm doing something to prevent it happening!

Edited by blackrose