Glorious Sunshine in Kintbury

Featured Posts

What a lovely sunny day in kintbury with a long walk to Irish hill then back on to the k&a to a wonderful pub the Prince of Wales for a fantastic sunday roast ( we will be going back there very soon) Then back to the boat would have liked to have sat on the back deck but the fisherman who paid £50 + a 1hrs drive for a competition (whom we made a cup of tea for). Infromed me that i was scaring the fish so on this lovely sunny day i retreated in to the boat. :rolleyes:

Then back to the boat would have liked to have sat on the back deck but the fisherman who paid £50 + a 1hrs drive for a competition (whom we made a cup of tea for). Infromed me that i was scaring the fish so on this lovely sunny day i retreated in to the boat. :rolleyes:

So what was the fisherman carping about? Were you the sole b(l)oater frightening the fish, or were there others in the same plaice?

So what was the fisherman carping about? Were you the sole b(l)oater frightening the fish, or were there others in the same plaice?

No just me in the middle of nowhere, there were loads of fishermen at 10 ft gaps less than a foot from the bow & Stern, any closer & he would have been onboard. I thought there was a rule that boats leave a 5m gap between boats & fishermen do the same. Me & the wife felt very intimidated while we sat in quite untill they left.

I thought the waterways & tow paths were for all people.

But not when there is a fishing competition on.

walkers & bikers were having problems passing them with a 40ft rod on a 20ft wide canal :banghead: .

We are staying here untill next monday 26th.

there is another competiton next sunday, so we are going to be having a Bar B Que & have sent out invitations to my former regerment The Grenadier Guards( should be nice 50+ serving soliders) on there return from 6mts tour of afghanistan.

I do so Hope that they Dont Frighten the fish (NOT). :cheers: lol rant over

That would explain why some boaters don't share mooring rings and leave spaces

We dont stop at mooring points we like to stay in the sticks away from towns.

part time boaters who pop out of a marina now & then, that stay for weeks on end on 48hr cart moorings with there table & chairs on the bank,

may do that but when your on the tow path (sorry think, they are all called cycle routes now days.. lol) there is no luxury mooring rings.

Or the necessity to be bumper to bumper.

But untill cart start to charge Cyclists & walkers

a minimal charge.

Our licence's will & are going up every year.

Its starting to get like the inner-cities on the waterways with the i am alright jack attitude.

We dont stop at mooring points we like to stay in the sticks away from towns.

part time boaters who pop out of a marina now & then, that stay for weeks on end on 48hr cart moorings with there table & chairs on the bank,

may do that but when your on the tow path (sorry think, they are all called cycle routes now days.. lol) there is no luxury mooring rings.

Or the necessity to be bumper to bumper.

But untill cart start to charge Cyclists & walkers

a minimal charge.

Our licence's will & are going up every year.

Its starting to get like the inner-cities on the waterways with the i am alright jack attitude.

Marc Pearson

Sunday at 18:03 ·

Marc Pearson

Get these's selfish fishermen off the waterways. It was once for food then pleasure now CASH pay outs. people from all over going to places where they have more rights than walkers cyclists boaters & then leave the tow path in a bad state do they care NO. well i do. £20 for all there hassle, £1200 Gd licence. lets do the maths ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Like · · Unfollow post.

Marc Pearson What a lovely sunny day in kintbury with a long walk to Irish hill then back on to the k&a to a wonderful pub the Prince of Wales for a fantastic sunday roast ( we will be going back there very soon) Then back to the boat would have liked to have sat o...See More

Sunday at 18:05 · Like..

Marc Pearson If they cant get a life then there screwed in the after life.LOL

Sunday at 18:06 · Like..

Marc Pearson Grace & Favour, on 19 November 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

No just me in the middle of nowhere, there were loads of fishe...See More

Yesterday at 07:07 · Like..

Ian Wilmer great news, I love a bbq what time and order of dress mate? I do hope its mess tin order lol

Yesterday at 07:11 via mobile · Unlike · 1..

Marc Pearson 8am till late mess tin order or toga

Yesterday at 07:13 · Like..

Marc Pearson got a few tunes--------------1st http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3qFrGlAgk

Bugger Off - The Dubliners (I think!) *Expletive Language Throughout)

www.youtube.com

great drinking song Chorus: So bugger off, you bastards bugger off! (Fuck You!) ...

See more.

15 hours ago · Like · Remove Preview..

Marc Pearson 2nd--------------

I'm A Rambler, I'm A Gambler

www.youtube.com

I'm A Rambler, I'm A Gambler By The Irish Rovers.

Marc Pearson 3rd-----------------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-zK1S5Dws

Tubthumping(i get knocked down) by Chumbawamba

www.youtube.com

i get knocked down... but i get up again... you're never gonna keep me down!!!!.

Marc Pearson 4th------------just for you Ian=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=_pgPq4FGWfk&NR=1

Fast Food Rockers - Fast Food Song (Official Video)

www.youtube.com

Official music video for the Fast Food Song by the Fast Food Rockers. (P) MPG, (...

See more.

Marc Pearson 5th------------------- a dance up & down the tow path to----http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwdDbdPego

PSY - "GANGNAM STYLE" (강남스타일) PARODY - ENGLISH VERSION

www.youtube.com

Hot Dog Condom Style! The English Translation of Gangnam Style by PSY. GET THIS ...

See more.

Ian Wilmer good tunes mate

6 hours ago via mobile · Like..

Marc Pearson theses ladys are coming http://www.thewi.org.uk/ as well as the http://www.ramblers.org.uk/membership/joining going to be a packed towpath hope the fishermen dont mind lol

National Federation of Womenʼs Institutes - Home

www.thewi.org.uk

Cornwall St-Just-in-Roseland. Delightful village house. Sleeps 2-6. Estuary view

s. Garden. Parking. Near beaches, coast path. Telephone: 01326 270795. Web: www.rosehavencottages.co.uk.

• 2 weeks later...