Squirrel fire bricks

Rustykev

Featured Posts

Gave our Squirrel a good clean out for the winter last week, and found the firebicks had cracked/broken.

I see genuine Morso replacements made of clay are £65ish, but vermiculite after-market replacements are £35ish.

Any comments on the relative merits of each welcome before I purchase. I am tempted by the vermiculite ones, but dont want to wast emoney if they last half the time!

A hardware shop in Nantwich cuts them to size from Vermiculite board. Although my stove is a Stovax, the cost was about £15 compared to £40 for a branded set. Have lasted one and a half seasons so far without problems.

Can't help with lasting power but when buying remember to order bricks for squirrel ..with or without back boiler.... different sizes :(

Paul

not had that problem with ours, we bought it without back boiler and fitted one later, not had to change the fire bricks.