Middle northwich bottom construction

Chris Pink

Featured Posts

And there were recalculations. Subtractions. etc. If a boat gained extra steel in an over-plated repair, or if it was seriously dented or the sides pushed in (eg Motorboat just forward of engine room front bulkhead, a common place for reduction in beam due to wear and tear,) it would carry less for the same draught than when originally built....Engine change would also result in different gauging results and steel cabins replaced in wood??

Edited by antarmike

Having seen Andrew today at Napton he emailed me a photo and the loading tickets:

img002.jpg

img001.jpg

You will notice the total of the two lorry loads is 27tons so if the weighbridge was accurate that's pretty much what was on the boat. The photograph at Hillmorton was taken before the rain, which happened after arrival at Stockton. Andrew tells me the gunwhales did leak in places and some rapid retrimming had to be done to stop the leaks.

David

Cracked it! (I hope)

Thanks for following it up David. I had begun to doubt my memory.

Would be nice to think the load was delivered by the Bartlett Heritage Fleet...

Bartlett.jpg?t=1352227646