kabola stove

Whitewater

Featured Posts

Can you get 45 degree fittings for a Kabola stove

If you mean are such fittings available in the stainless twin wall flue pipe sold specifically for Kabola pot burner stoves/boilers, then no I don't think so. Kuranda, who are the main agent for Kabola in UK, are very strict about not introducing bends of any sort into a Kabola pot burner flue when it is used on a boat with the inevitably short flue.

Harworth Heating have identical advice in their manuals (see their website).

Interestingly however the Kabola manual itself suggests that you can do this, provided the bends are put at the stove end of the flue and are no more than 45°. It also says that you may need to compensate for the bends with extra straight flue height to maintain the necessary draught.

I have experimented with bends on my Kabola E5 boiler and found that I could still get normal flame control even with two 30° bends and a couple of feet more height. This was by using standard single skin 100mm flue fittings (freely obtainable from most flue suppliers) and doing rest of the straight bits in the special twin wall stuff. I'm planning to fit some high temp capable flue pipe insulation round the section with the bends in which should help as well.

As I now have some spare lengths of the twin wall left over I will keep them to further extend the chimney height should the need arise. (I don't expect to use the boiler except when moored so extra height shouldn't matter).

Richard

My old dutch had single skin flue, I just bought a 2m length an cut and welded it to the shape needed, 2x45deg bends so that it lined up with the roof collar.

Flame was allways fine in the 8 years that I had it