Naburn

Shipleymanx

Featured Posts

Not had any updates since yesterday so i guess it is safe to assume it isnt open yet.

We drove over the Ouse on Friday night and Saturday at Selby and the river is still very high.

Friends of ours went from Goole to Hull for the fair on Saturday in high powered sports boats and they said it wasnt fun heading back upstream to Goole.

My advice would be to sit quite for a bit longer. Even if the lock is open for business by the weekend the river will still be quite high and as others have pointed out full of debris.

Well the fields are so sodden I noticed that Kelfield Ings was up again this morning, not enough to affect Cawood but I suppose it depends on how much rain fell upstream.

All of the flood locks on the Aire and Calder are shut again today. I know it is a different catchment and a different river but it is some indication of how sodden the ground in the area is. At this rate it is going to be a long winter of flooding. Lets hope for another dry winter :wacko: