Smart Gauge and Batteries again!

lewisericeric

Featured Posts

I usually run my engine after solar has finished and mainly for hot water for the night / next morning so wouldn't know what the solar and engine combined would be.

I bought an outback 80 amp controller and they're around 500 quid and have a solar array of nearly 700 watts so not sure if that's where the difference is between yours and mine?

Yesterday I was pulling in 47 amps at one point. Getting more now than during mid summer but apparently coooler, sunny days do result in more a,ps than 'hotter' days.

I am getting on for 500 watts these days with three different charge controllers. However, I do not seem to get around to discharging the batts enough to see loads of amps coming in. IIRC I have 14 110ah domestic and 170+90ah starter batts some quite elderly, topped up all the time.

I am getting on for 500 watts these days with three different charge controllers. However, I do not seem to get around to discharging the batts enough to see loads of amps coming in. IIRC I have 14 110ah domestic and 170+90ah starter batts some quite elderly, topped up all the time.

Do you really mean that you have 14 off 110Ah batteries and 170 off 90Ah batteries? If you really mean that then I suppose that you are selling them and keeping them charged with solar panels.

N

Do you really mean that you have 14 off 110Ah batteries and 170 off 90Ah batteries? If you really mean that then I suppose that you are selling them and keeping them charged with solar panels.

N

When I have bought new batts I have kept the old in service and have also used a bank that someone had dumped at a sanny station. The 170ah starter batt is a newish one for the wimter with the old 90/110ah remaining as back up. So not 170 starter batts :P